Author Tool - Introducing ReplyPantry - Text in a Can for Item Comments and Marketplace Forums

2215 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says
epicera said
crozer said
Brandon, do you mean this? http://www.screenr.com/6sos You can obviously drag-and-drop, but I think you are mainly referring to mouse-selecting certain areas of code. You can do that by just choosing “Edit as HTML ” and then selecting whatever you want.

Close, but I meant being able to select/copy/paste text from the actual Firebug inspector: http://www.screenr.com/R7os

My Mic is out on loan, but you get the idea – no drag-to-select in Chrome Firebug ;)

Good point. So yeah, you cannot do that directly on Chrome, but as I show you on my screenr, you just need to take that single step before (Edit as HTML ), and then you’re free to select whatever you want.

PS. Where you also kinda shocked when you saw the real-time moved elements? Haha, I had no idea you could do that :P

23 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
salim594 says
duotive said
This is so cool. Pretty please make it for Firefox too!
i agree can you make it for FireFox
2024 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

If its OK for you sevenspark I’ll implement a similar function into my Envatitor Embedded of course with some credits ;)

3430 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

If its OK for you sevenspark I’ll implement a similar function into my Envatitor Embedded of course with some credits ;)

Hey Xaver,

I think it would be better to keep them separate at this point, so that I can continue development on the project as I see fit. Especially since (last time I checked) the Envatitor Embedded was only for the forum, not for Item Comments. Also, not everyone will necessarily want both.

I think it’d be great if the two extensions could work together seamlessly, though. Perhaps Envatitor Embedded could trigger a custom event on the body that ReplyPantry would listen for – then, on that event and on page load, ReplyPantry would check for Envatitor and add itself if present.

What do you think?

Chris

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Hey sevenspark,

must say I’m loving this script, it was the final push to dump Safari 9as well as everyone else’s cool scripts)

Just wondering, is there a way to globalize replies?

When I move across to themeforest, I get the default replies again, this is a great feature, but maybe also an option to simply globalize replies would be EPIC .

:D

2215 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
+10 more
crozer says

The Envato API would need to change for that; Nothing Chris can make by himself.

2024 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

Hey Xaver,

I think it would be better to keep them separate at this point, so that I can continue development on the project as I see fit. Especially since (last time I checked) the Envatitor Embedded was only for the forum, not for Item Comments. Also, not everyone will necessarily want both.

I think it’d be great if the two extensions could work together seamlessly, though. Perhaps Envatitor Embedded could trigger a custom event on the body that ReplyPantry would listen for – then, on that event and on page load, ReplyPantry would check for Envatitor and add itself if present.

What do you think?

Chris

Good point Chris! I like to extend the envatitor to item comments as well since it’s a normal editor. Anyway I don’t get the point of working together? What’s should be the goal!?

@ quickandeasy & crozer his features isn’t possible and has nothing todo with the API . If you store data in a cookie it relies on a single domain. So if you save something on themeforest.net it isn’t available on codecanyon.net

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

@crozer,

ah right! Thanks for that, I’ll just have to copy and paste my replies then :D

287 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+9 more
DPereyra says

Thank you sevenspark, it’s really useful! :)

3430 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

When I move across to themeforest, I get the default replies again, this is a great feature, but maybe also an option to simply globalize replies would be EPIC .

I actually mentioned that in the original post as a ‘caveat’ – the localStorage API is domain-specific. I’m sure there’s a way to store it globally in the browser instead, but I gather it’s much more complex (to make it available on the site), so this is the way it is for now ;)

revaxarts said

Anyway I don’t get the point of working together? What’s should be the goal!?

We can just let them work separately and that’s totally fine. You just seemed to want to add it to the toolbar that you’ve already established (which makes sense). So I’m just saying if we want to provide a unified user experience, we could have ReplyPantry act as a plugin to the Envatitor when it is present, and run independently when it’s not. It’d just take some cooperation between the two to implement smoothly :)

Let’s just let ‘em be for now, though, I’m pretty swamped and I’m sure you are too ;)

@DPereyra & all – you’re welcome! :D

Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by