6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
janicej says

Can anyone help? I am using a template and the author won’t respond to fix the problem. It seems like an extremely easy fix, I thought he would just answer me.

I am using the maximus template and noticed after I purchased it that the message box on the contact page is missing a border on the right side and the word”message” is in a different font than the words “Send”, “from” and “to”

Can anybody tell me what to do? Also I’ve been trying to rate him and can’t figure that out either :/ Thanks jjolei

3163 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

First off please be aware that support of any form is not a requirement of any author (although most do it out of courtesy and good service).

Second how long ago did you contact them? We are on an international marketplace so it can take time. Maybe try the item comments?

To rate the file you go to your profile and downloads section and make the selection next to the file.

Finally if you post a link here to your site we may be able to help you but it is is difficult without seeing the problem in action.

Good luck

6 posts
  • United States
janicej says

Thanks Charlie 4282 for your response. I thought he would respond because he states that he will clearly on his template page. I’ve been asking for awhile now. He has responded to a question immediately I had when I first purchased the template, but this one he refuses. But it’s fine I will rate him low for not being responsible. The least he could do is say I don’t know, or that it cost to fix, I would have been fine with that. But to not respond is unacceptable in my book.

I’m not able to put my website up yet because it’s not ready to go “live.” But once I get to that point, and if I haven’t figured it out the fix, I will post it for help. Thank you for that suggestion and how to rate :)

3163 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Maybe stick it on a subdomain, that way you can see it all live but without displaying an incomplete site on the main URL

6 posts
  • United States
janicej says

Thanks Charlie Do you know how I go about sticking it on a subdomain?

69 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
djwd says

In my opinion I don’t think you should give him a low rate only because of that. There could be many reasons why an author could delay an answer, and you should also consider it’s holiday season.

6 posts
  • United States
janicej says

Considering I brought the template more than 2 months ago is to me ridiculous not to get a response at all. I mean say something. Say you don’t know or you are not going to give me the answer, but to not respond at all is unacceptable. If you are not going to respond to a simple request, you either need to say that when you are selling your template that it is sold “as is” – with no help. OR don’t put your work up misleading people by saying that you will be happy to answer any questions. smmh

36 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
simplejackbe says

Considering I brought the template more than 2 months ago is to me ridiculous not to get a response at all. I mean say something. Say you don’t know or you are not going to give me the answer, but to not respond at all is unacceptable. If you are not going to respond to a simple request, you either need to say that when you are selling your template that it is sold “as is” – with no help. OR don’t put your work up misleading people by saying that you will be happy to answer any questions. smmh

You are absolutely correct :)

2 posts
tanveerrrao says

@janicej hey man.. leave him.. tell me i will try to fix it for you for free..

2 posts
tanveerrrao says

@janicej hey man.. leave him.. tell me i will try to fix it for you for free..

when i saw the template i felt that the border you are talking about.. its not there with the other fields as well.. so it is justified that none of the input fields and message box has border on right and bottom side as well..

and the font you are talking about seems same to me..

by
by
by
by
by
by