316 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
SyamilMJ says

When installing on my live server, I get this

I previously installed it on my local server for development & theme integration purposes. Now it has been disabled & uninstalled itself. So that leaves me unable to have a live installation of the plugin while at the same time having a development version of it on my local server.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also, is there any tutorial/plugin out there that would help me integrate same feature on my theme? Seems like an awesome feature, but could be improved more e.g. allow for at least two instances & detect if used on multisite etc.

Cheers

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

This is great but we will need an official class ( like the envato api class ) that does this so we do not get problems.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
PixelBin says

That’s a pretty neat feature! Other than the issue you described, this seems like a relatively fool proof way of making sure buyers buy licenses for every time they use it! :)

313 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
squaredWeb says

In theory its a good thing, but in reality most of the times all stuff like that does is “punish” honest buyers, while people who want to disable it can do it pretty easy, if they know what they are doing, and still upload the cracked version to torrent / piracy sites.

Best example would be EA, all their games can still be downloaded while honest buyers start to hate them.

Personally i wouldnt implement something like that ever.

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says
AlexPascal said
That’s a pretty neat feature! Other than the issue you described, this seems like a relatively fool proof way of making sure buyers buy licenses for every time they use it! :)

Yes, but for example, we have a lot of customers who use the theme’s on localhosts and than transfer to the main domain. Or a development domain and than move to the real one. If they activate the theme and it will be blocked to the domain it’s activated first on, that is not so good.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
PixelBin says
duotive said
AlexPascal said
Yes, but for example, we have a lot of customers who use the theme’s on localhosts and than transfer to the main domain. Or a development domain and than move to the real one. If they activate the theme and it will be blocked to the domain it’s activated first on, that is not so good.

Yes sir, as I said, that’s the only downside so if the dev creates a workaround for that, it will be golden.

316 posts
+2 more
SyamilMJ says

I went ahead and looked into the codes (hope Phil don’t mind this), and it turns out you only require one line of code to disable license check.

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says

Care 2 share?

316 posts
+2 more
SyamilMJ says
duotive said
Care 2 share?

Hmm.. I’m afraid Phil might not be happy if I post it here. But he told me he’ll be updating the plugin to allow 2 instances of the plugin soon. http://codecanyon.net/item/authorhq-wordpress-plugin-for-marketplace-authors/discussion/889829

I have some ideas on how to make disabling the licence check more difficult. I will look into adding the feature to SMOF possibly in the nearest future so every theme author can use it. :)

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by