• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
Philo01 Reviewer says

Hi everyone! :)

I’m receiving allot of new items that we cant accept due the fact that the functionality is very limited and there are multiple plugins out there that do the exact same thing for free.

We want to have a high quality standard, which means we are looking for unique items that are well coded and documented.

So before you start working on your next plugin, Google the web to see if there is something similar for free. If there is something similar for free out there, there is a big chance it will get rejected, unless you add some unique features off your own.

1573 posts Building the Web.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
ZoomIt says

Hello Philo,

I have submitted a Ken Burns Gallery that you rejected. Yes, there are some ( bad quality ) on the internet for free, but none with a admin panel that supports multiple galleries.

Plus, the Ken Burns Gallery is not just a simple slider and would be unique in the WordPress plugins category.

PS: Even if you still consider this to be not unique enough, it would have been nice to had give us a one/two week notice before for nobody to waste hours working for nothing..

Thanks!

358 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
Philo01 Reviewer says

Hello Philo,

I have submitted a Ken Burns Gallery that you rejected. Yes, there are some ( bad quality ) on the internet for free, but none with a admin panel that supports multiple galleries.

Plus, the Ken Burns Gallery is not just a simple slider and would be unique in the WordPress plugins category.

PS: Even if you still consider this to be not unique enough, it would have been nice to had give us a one/two week notice before for nobody to waste hours working for nothing..

Thanks!

Hi ZoomIt, :)

About your submission, this is my opinion; if you do not agree with the rejection please email support to get in touch with the marketplace manager. ;)

I created this thread today, because I’m noticing an increase of submissions that offer functionality that is already available on CC or somewhere else for free. And I want to make people aware that they need to be unique in order to prevent disappointment if there item is rejected.

Kind regards,

Philo

by
by
by
by
by
by