• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

Agreed. There are some people around here who seem to feature in almost every single promo Envato do, which is not such a fair practice. Treating it as a reward program = good idea.

DOK

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

For those who were sleeping like us, we included a log in our script… the total bundle sales were 14,818 according to our records.

DOK

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

my opinion is to get rid of bundles. is unfair competition for the other authors. envato should provide a fair environment where everybody has the same rules to sell their items. And creating a huge discount item (bundle) every two months is not what I may call “fair”.

If you want to say thanks to existent and new customers, you can provide them with discount codes, that they can use to buy whatever items they may like.

but whatever authors, keep believing that one day you may get included in the bundle :|

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

my opinion is to get rid of bundles. is unfair competition for the other authors. envato should provide a fair environment where everybody has the same rules to sell their items. And creating a huge discount item (bundle) every two months is not what I may call “fair”.

When these bundles first came out some might remember I wasn’t crazy about them. But that was my first year as a member, and since then I’ve seen the marketplaces grow at an amazing rate. So I think we have to give some credit to Envato for knowing how to grow their business. Last year was my best year so far and there were more bundles last than any other year.

If it were clear nothing was being done to grow the marketplaces I would probably have a different opinion. Bu I think it’s safe to say that Envato is pumping the money they make from bundles back into the business which ultimately benefits everyone.

Seeing repeat authors in bundles is just an observation I’ve had and I assume others have had as well. If an author doesn’t support the bundles for the reasons I mention above, I guarantee you they would if they were selected for one :P, and selecting more first-time authors for future bundles helps accomplish this :)

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

any proof on what you said? like the relation between bundle existence and marketplace growth? and that envato reinvest the money from the bundles into promoting the marketplace?

I’m not saying is not true, just where did you get those facts?

• United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
+5 more
CodingJack says

any proof on what you said? like the relation between bundle existence and marketplace growth? and that envato reinvest the money from the bundles into promoting the marketplace? I’m not saying is not true, just where did you get those facts?

No facts, but I didn’t exactly make those statements either :P

I just said we have to give some credit to Envato for growing the business at such a substantial rate. I used to work for a company that grew like this, and from my experience it doesn’t happen without spending money.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

I look at bundle as fast generate money nothing to do with promoting or growth no matter what they tell you :P , they make nice fast money, community is happy as they get lots of stuff cheap.

If it’s fair nor not? I think envato is getting so big(I think it’s the limit for them in grow ), fair is not relevant anymore $$ talk .

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

is it just me or is the site down. i would of loved to see the final price some of the authors got.

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

I just said we have to give some credit to Envato for growing the business at such a substantial rate.

Oh yes, off course, if my opinion conflict with something envato does it doesn’t mean I’m against everything they do, or that they are some douchebags :) that no one should trust.

My point here is only the bundles. I understand the birthday bundle as a way to celebrate the marketplace and the users, but using bundles as a way of promoting the marketplace is another matter.

Is just my belief that there are better and “fair” ways to promote the marketplace for authors and buyers alike. Even if bundles are always a big hit it doesn’t mean the buyers like bundles, they just like the discount, since I don’t think there is another way of getting a discount around here (correct me if I’m wrong)

I used to work for a company that grew like this, and from my experience it doesn’t happen without spending money.

They already get a part of the sale for each item is sold here. Is not that they are broke and they need the bundles as the only way of making money to promote the marketplace. And promoting the marketplace is not a favor they do to the authors exclusively. It benefits everyone. I will go as far as to say that the promotion should be the main goal of the envato side of the deal, since the creation of the items is done by the authors.

• United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
+5 more
CodingJack says

^ I definitely respect your opinion and actually think it reinforces my original point. The more authors that get a chance to be a part of a bundle, the more authors will be happy about them :P

by
by
by
by
by
by