206 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
mlando says

I always try to be as helpful as I can with getting people going with any of my themes. Sometimes I do find myself having to teach people how to actually use WordPress and basic stuff that seems a little beyond reasonable support. I try to help as much as I can and hope to offer a good user experience and a quick response to buyers.

So the question is how much support do other authors offer. Does anyone have basic guidelines for theme support?

Love to hear some feedback.

103 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ImadJomaa says

I like to provide as much support as possible pertaining to my products. Support questions on how to get things working, why things aren’t working, how and where to add things, I answer. However, (since I offer PHP scripts, I’ll follow with that example) if someone asks support on how to modify the source code and what this code does and why, I’d answer them to an extent, but since my scripts are designed for those who don’t necessarily need any PHP knowledge, they shouldn’t be modifying the source unless they know what they’re doing. Nevertheless, some extra support questions here and there never hurt. :)

144 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
joomlaianer says

i`m helping a lot too. i`m also creating video tutorial screencasts for joomla at my blog. but i think the people have to try it yourself.

536 posts
  • Croatia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
darius9000 says

some of them don’t even bother reading “readme” file that is included and they ask for help not even looking in doc. and most of the time, things are explained there. sometimes i just copy/paste from doc i provided with theme :)

by
by
by
by
by
by