7390 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Till now I placed the text inside a comp and then I animated that comp, so if the buyer delete the text layer inside and recreate it, he doesn’t lose the animation.

But to get those nice single characters/words animation you need to apply the effects on the text layer. (or not? )

But I’m afraid I have to deal with support request from buyers who may break the project when trying to edit those text layers. Do you ever had this kind of support requests or I’m worrying too much?

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

That’s right – there is no alternative to the text animators. Either choose to animate the text with the animators and force the user to stick with a text element or precomp that content and use distorter of some sort or simulation (shatter etc.) to animate whatever is inside that precomp.

It’s not that big of a dilemma..I’ve never had a client complaining about it. When it is meant to be a text line and it fits logically the idea of the previous/next scene, it’s most likely to stay that way.

538 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

You can also cover that part in more detail when making the help file ;)

1555 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+8 more
dorde says

There are few ways:
- You can create guide text layer without any effect, and connect it to animated text, something like: thisComp.layer(“text_layer_name”).text.sourceText, or maybe better create new composition with all text layers which are connected to final text with expressions.
If text animation is not that complicated
- You can shy all layers except editable text layer, and create marker at timeline with comment, something like: double click at text layer to edit text.

Anyway if you think that project is complicated for customization, create video tutorial to avoid tons of emails :)

7390 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Thank You all for the answers :)

I will do as advised then.

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
FrameWerk says

When using layers that are important to the project I use the * key to add a little note label on the layer. Then type a small message to remind buyers to be careful when editing the layer. Its easy to notice and helps people while inside the project without needing to go back and check the help file.

by
by
by
by
by
by