• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FamousThemes says

In the last period I had a lot of IE bugs testing and learning, and my strange conclusion it was that more of the projects I’ve made where working better in IE 7 than IE 8 (especially javacript)(I am testing on IE 7 .13 and IE 8 .18).

So IE it’s getting worst by every new version !!! strange…

616 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+4 more
Kriesi says

Glad to see that TF will be dropping support for IE7 soon. But, I am afraid, this new IE9 crap will be horrible.

At least the new IE got built in debugging tools that arent that bad. Finally I can debug my javascript in IE as well if something doesnt work. As for CSS rendering: it doesnt seem to bad at all. Its still years behind firefox and chrome in terms of supported features but the stuff that is supported seems to work ok. For me its definitley an improvement over 7 & 8

101 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
PixelBook says

If more sites stop supporting IE7 , then people will get a better browser

659 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
luckykind says

IE7 … YEAH !

IE9 … BOO ! – wait as long as possible,please… ;) IE9 doesn’t run on XP and last I read, 50% of windows users still run XP (getting IE users to upgrade their browser for free is one thing… getting them to run out and purchase an upgrade of their operating system is a completely other task itself)

Take into account the percentage of Vista, Windows 7 users still using IE7 & IE8 … the history with IE’s buggy browsers and the fact that IE9 is still behind (from what I’ve read) in many ways what the other browsers already have out their… this should be about as required as a PB&J for the foreseeable future…

I haven’t been able to take a look at IE9 yet, but the worst thing we can do as designers/developers is to bow down once again and start hacking our files to support IE9 if it’s not up to par with the rest of the family of browsers… my 2 cents.

97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • India
QuadCodes says

IE7 : I’m more than happy..

IE9 : need to see what MS has finally come up [ IMPROVEMENTS ] with this..

327 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
PaulWinslow says

I don’t know why IE9 has such a hate bandwagon already.. I sometimes think developers just enjoy hating IE. I’d be interested to know how many of you hating IE9 have even bothered to test it yet?!

No, IE9 is not Firefox or Chrome, but it’s still a huge improvement and it will be SO much easier to support than 7/8. So stop bloody moaning lol.

659 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
luckykind says

I don’t know why IE9 has such a hate bandwagon already.. I sometimes think developers just enjoy hating IE. I’d be interested to know how many of you hating IE9 have even bothered to test it yet?! No, IE9 is not Firefox or Chrome, but it’s still a huge improvement and it will be SO much easier to support than 7/8. So stop bloody moaning lol.

When you’re 8 years old and you come in from the playground and your Dad punches you in the face…

...and then your 13 years old and you come home from school and your Dad punches you in the face…

...and then when your 17 years old and you come home from your date with your girl and you walk in and your Dad punches you in the face…

...well, when your 21 or whatever age you are later in life and you go to visit the old man, you’re either going to be wary or come to the door with boxing gloves…

So let people moan and you worry about your moaning about feature rich WP themes, lol <- I added lol so everyone knows that means we’re now best friends…

63 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
DMThemes says

In the last period I had a lot of IE bugs testing and learning, and my strange conclusion it was that more of the projects I’ve made where working better in IE 7 than IE 8 (especially javacript)(I am testing on IE 7 .13 and IE 8 .18).

Yeah, i agree with this, it is the same for me :O

As for IE9 , i can’t say anything yet as i haven’t tested it :)

19 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
GadilDesign says

IE9 the “use” by beta1 and I must say it is not at all bad, big bug in recent months I have not seen, which may be brought out in recent months. So I would not be so pessimistic, but I found a big problem on chrome10 I’ve already reported on the forum.

good news for IE7

by
by
by
by
by
by