Just wanted to update you on an important change to the Music upload form, please note updated agreement at the bottom of the form:
What Does This Mean?
- With immediate effect, you no longer have to tell us where your vocals/samples are from should you use them in your track. When we analyzed how many times authors forgot to provide this information, we thought we’d try to simplify the process. Therefore, this change should make uploading slightly easier as it simplifies the process and it’s one less step.
- This DOES NOT mean however that we are loosening our stance on copyright infringement. In fact, it’s the opposite. It’s more important than ever that authors take responsibility to ensure that you have full rights to use any vocals/samples used in your AudioJungle submissions. If it’s later discovered that vocals/samples have been used without permission or you do not have full rights to use those assets, your are liable for any copyright infringement. Support will also continue to disable items and/or ban authors who are guilty of copyright infringement.
- For more information about Envato’s copyright policy, see here.
- Just to clarify, if you blatantly copy or steal someone else’s work (let’s say someone uploads a track by Coldplay and pretends it’s their own work – yes, that includes you Chris Martin, you’re not tricking us with your Exclusive AudioJungle account! ), the reviewer will still reject these items. We’re definitely not saying that this type of file will now be accepted!
- Our existing rules about using out of the box samples/loops still apply. If we spot any Garageband or Magix Music Maker loops/samples for example, your file will still be rejected or later removed.
- We’ve updated the upload instructions in our wiki accordingly, please see Section 4. Submissions containing vocals
- This seemingly minor change also helps the review team process your files a little quicker as they do not have to spend extra, unnecessary time with suspicious submissions. I’m not sure what’s faster than blazing fast however, it’s kinda hard for our awesome reviewers to get any faster than they already are!
For the record, this update/information probably does not affect 99.9% of authors reading this. We just want to make sure you’re aware of these minor yet important changes, particularly the 0.1% of authors that attempt to ignore or purposely break the rules we have in place.
Thank you for your co-operation.
less paperwork and more responsibility. a very good update, very convenient.
Thank you Scott and team for your dedication and continued improvements on AudioJungle. Great work as always!
AudioJungle should make authors hand sign documents and send it to the Envato skyscraper in Australia via overnight premium shipping. This will show customers that we mean business.
Thanks Scott. Nice solution to keep things simple.