• Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I was sent a polite message from Envato asking me to change some links. Completely understandable.

2098 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Graphic-Studio says

If you run a business, and your employees are telling clients go across the street for more similar deals . . . well, let’s just say that’s not a very good operating policy.

Those employees should be told the policy regarding referring clients to other outlets.

Makes complete sense.

2954 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Yep try not to include anything like “Click here to buy this item cheaper through my website!” or “Click here for freebies” etc.. on item pages or profile pages. There were a lot of accounts disabled because of these type of links.

1083 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
TanyDi says

Based on my experience from the end of September when i was disabled for 4 days I want to prevent many authors from disabling.
were you sent a message asking you to remove the links before being disabled? Just curious.

Sorry about my late answer, I’ve got pc problems. The story began with an item held by the reviewer for about 10 days. I sent a ticket to the support and then i received an email with reasons > in my help file i have 2 links , to my portfolio here and to my store, also I had a link to my store in metadata. The reviewer wrote in the email that i have to remove all links in my files….in all existing files. So i began to update items immediately ( 20 days later I continue to update cos I have lots of items ) but my main mistake was that I didn’t remove the button linking to my store from my profile page. There was only simple text on the button, just tanydi store. A few days later I was disabled and received an email about this. I confirmed immediately that I’ll remove all self promotional links from my items and profile page but the respond came after 4 days.

I added the link to my store about 2 months ago but before that I saw lots of profile pages in Envato with similar links and that’s why I did it. But everything is my fault cos I had to remove link from my profile page first of all. After my disablement i found an email in my spam folder sent before about that I must remove self promotional link from every where but it was very late. I felt awful these 4 days when I had no answer from the staff and I was afraid. But I really don’t want this to happen to anyone that’s why I started this thread.

1083 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
TanyDi says

So? They were wrong about TanyDi and owe her an apology?

They were right cos I had link to my store (or site) on my profile page. You can add links to your Envato items on your profile page ….that’s all.

by
by
by
by
by
by