713 posts
  • Located in Poland
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
FxProSound says

Phil I’m sure that it will be selling. Things from custom jobs performs better from my experience. In this type of jobs I think that way. If my job can be usual stock file then I work as usual without any fee. For anything else above it (special version, exclusivity, not stocky specific music) ask for prepaid.

515 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
JonBuice says

Sorry to hear that Phil :( But I’m sure his production wasn’t nearly as good as yours. Everyone I’ve “met” on AJ has been great so far. I can only hope I don’t come in contact with people like that. Best of luck Phil, bounce back!

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

PhilLarson –you don’t start to work for anything or anyone here on the freelance world before you get first down payment no matter what author it is ,even if Angelina Jolie will offered you free sex to do custom audio work you need to be strong say no and still ask for down payment if you want to do custom audio work for many years.

1559 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

I also had bad experience with the author of TF here :( that was the day i decided in futur do not trust people while doing business like a Business Executive.

45 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in United States
premiumwd says

PhilLarson –you don’t start to work for anything or anyone here on the freelance world before you get first down payment no matter what author it is ,even if Angelina Jolie will offered you free sex to do custom audio work you need to be strong say no and still ask for down payment if you want to do custom audio work for many years.

haha classic! Always protect yourself first, don’t do work for free. Oh Well, people have to learn to.

316 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
AudioAgent says

I’m glad you brought this up, Phil. Now we all can learn from your experience.

1559 posts
webdesignerart says

But there is also those people who take money first and didn’t meet deadlines after that the whole project money take in advance but delaying the work. Then how to handle these peoples.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

But there is also those people who take money first and didn’t meet deadlines after that the whole project money take in advance but delaying the work. Then how to handle these peoples.
If no deadlines on time everyday author is late to delivered there should be fine usually from $20 to $50 a day , you need to cover yourself on all aspect
365 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
musicguy says

Thats just not fair – hopefully you will get your payment from sales of that track Phil!

Do you mind telling us name of this track if it is uploaded already? (since we cant post links to our items)

1559 posts
webdesignerart says

If no deadlines on time everyday author is late to delivered there should be fine usually from $20 to $50 a day , you need to cover yourself on all aspect

Mate if author get all project money before deploying complete project and after that how can i apply presure to author, if it will goes etc etc.

by
by
by
by
by
by