• Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
PhilLarson says

Thats just not fair – hopefully you will get your payment from sales of that track Phil! Do you mind telling us name of this track if it is uploaded already? (since we cant post links to our items)

It isn’t uploaded yet. I have still yet to decide if I will upload it or even which of the version I offered him I would upload. Thanks for your interest.

1022 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

I’m really sorry to hear about this Phil. Keep doing what you have been and you will continue to succeed. People like this who conduct unethical business don’t get far. Eventually these things catch up with them and they either have to change or settle for failure. You’re a good guy and this was an unfortunate learning experience.

When you do release that new track, if you decide to, email me and I’ll be sure to purchase it. Maybe I can use it as the background music for my next video tutorial, or this promotional video I’m planning on doing this week. I would be very interested in hearing it if I can.

1007 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
Alexlasek says

sorry to hear it mate! He is such an a$$|-|00l !

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tsafi says

But there is also those people who take money first and didn’t meet deadlines after that the whole project money take in advance but delaying the work. Then how to handle these peoples.
If no deadlines on time everyday author is late to delivered there should be fine usually from $20 to $50 a day , you need to cover yourself on all aspect
Mate if author get all project money before deploying complete project and after that how can i apply presure to author, if it will goes etc etc.
No there should be some compromise between client and developer, paying all money before the job, developer can hit the road with your money .

90% of the freelancer i know here take 50% before the job then when the project complete client see the resolute then pay the rest of the money and then get all assets needed and the complete project.

Good freelancer here on the enavto will never mess with a client money and jeopardize his name only cos` anyone know everyone here. The only thing good freelancer`s usually cost more money :P

33 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Lmz says

Sorry, to hear that Phil. Unfortunately, this way of working is incredibly common, especially in advertising. Best thing you can do going into situations like this is to try your best. If they like the track and want to use it, then that’s great. If not, you’ve got another track to do something with.

Hopefully the video inspired you to write something different, or guide you in a direction you wouldn’t normally chose, than what you would typically do. The only positive about working like this, opposed to just writing whatever you want, is that you at least created a track that was designed to fill a specific need. Even though your track wasn’t chosen, I imagine there will be others who will have a similar need for that kind of music and will consider your track because of that.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

(..) even if Angelina Jolie will offered you free sex to do custom audio work you need to be strong say no and still ask for down payment if you want to do custom audio work for many years.

OMG , i said yes. Does this mean i’m not going to see the money?

813 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
PhilLarson says

I’m really sorry to hear about this Phil. Keep doing what you have been and you will continue to succeed. People like this who conduct unethical business don’t get far. Eventually these things catch up with them and they either have to change or settle for failure. You’re a good guy and this was an unfortunate learning experience. When you do release that new track, if you decide to, email me and I’ll be sure to purchase it. Maybe I can use it as the background music for my next video tutorial, or this promotional video I’m planning on doing this week. I would be very interested in hearing it if I can.

Thanks, man! :) I appreciate your support. I’ll contact you as soon as it’s ready. And at the next meetup, I’ll owe you a beer (if we’re out of drink tickets… ;) ).

Sorry, to hear that Phil. Unfortunately, this way of working is incredibly common, especially in advertising. Best thing you can do going into situations like this is to try your best. If they like the track and want to use it, then that’s great. If not, you’ve got another track to do something with. Hopefully the video inspired you to write something different, or guide you in a direction you wouldn’t normally chose, than what you would typically do. The only positive about working like this, opposed to just writing whatever you want, is that you at least created a track that was designed to fill a specific need. Even though your track wasn’t chosen, I imagine there will be others who will have a similar need for that kind of music and will consider your track because of that.

Great points here. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tsafi says

(..) even if Angelina Jolie will offered you free sex to do custom audio work you need to be strong say no and still ask for down payment if you want to do custom audio work for many years.

Man i forgot about you bro` ,I didn’t talk to you for ages ,hopefully you are doing well fish man :P

1245 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

That really sucks, especially the fact that you got nothing out of this, not to mention to time you’ve lost, maybe do a 50% now, 50% after from now on, it’s much more safer, and you always have something “just in case”.

All the best mate.

1525 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
webdesignerart says

But there is also those people who take money first and didn’t meet deadlines after that the whole project money take in advance but delaying the work. Then how to handle these peoples.
If no deadlines on time everyday author is late to delivered there should be fine usually from $20 to $50 a day , you need to cover yourself on all aspect
Mate if author get all project money before deploying complete project and after that how can i apply presure to author, if it will goes etc etc.
No there should be some compromise between client and developer, paying all money before the job, developer can hit the road with your money .

90% of the freelancer i know here take 50% before the job then when the project complete client see the resolute then pay the rest of the money and then get all assets needed and the complete project.

Good freelancer here on the enavto will never mess with a client money and jeopardize his name only cos` anyone know everyone here. The only thing good freelancer`s usually cost more money :P

Yeah i know but in my case the freelancer told me that if you not payme full money then how i trust you, That’s why i paid first full amount and after that he does that which i can’t imagine.

Well after this happen i decided i will give 50% money but do first 50% task.

by
by
by
by
by
by