1006 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

sign a contract or take money in advance.

436 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
studio_21 says

This is exactly why I always charge (half of the money) before I start on a project.

599 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
addeystock says

Sorry to hear that phil..I love all your tracks..If you upload it can u mail me..I will use it for my next videohive project and add the link in item description..That’s all I can do phil..

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Phil,

You should file a DMCA complaint via Envato Support with enough proofs about your work and the Team will take care of it.

2301 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

uhm I think you’re all missing the point here. PhilLarson should make the sound for a videohive template, so that he then sells it at audiojungle. He was never getting paid from the vh author, even if he was satisfied with his results.

So I don’t get why everyone’s talking about getting money first, what money?

The deal was that the TO makes the sound for the project, and the videohive author links to him on the items page. common collaboration between audiojungle and videohive. the audiojungle author gets paid through his sales.

the problem is just that the videohive author did went with another sound, so that Phil is now missing the exposure he expected to get for his work.

@ PhilLarson

I’m sorry for your situation, I can asure you not all videohive authors act like that.

120 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
TheStoryShop says

Phil, I like your music… hang in there… ;)

847 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

uhm I think you’re all missing the point here. PhilLarson should make the sound for a videohive template, so that he then sells it at audiojungle. He was never getting paid from the vh author, even if he was satisfied with his results.

So I don’t get why everyone’s talking about getting money first, what money?

The deal was that the TO makes the sound for the project, and the videohive author links to him on the items page. common collaboration between audiojungle and videohive. the audiojungle author gets paid through his sales.

the problem is just that the videohive author did went with another sound, so that Phil is now missing the exposure he expected to get for his work.

@ PhilLarson

I’m sorry for your situation, I can asure you not all videohive authors act like that.

+1 Yes, thanks for understanding. That’s it. And for this reason, I don’t think I have anything to send to support, right @Ivor? The guy just wasn’t open in his communication with me. He didn’t do anything legally wrong… just ethically…

249 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
miksmusic says

I certainly can understand the frustration but I don’t know about who’s right or wrong here. Did the VH author actually tell you he would go with your music after he heard the first demo? If not, you were still pitching, not working on the project. Looks more like misunderstanding to me.. Still feel for you, though. It seems we all are willing to do lots of speculative work these days. I’m sure the VH author would be more considerate if he didn’t have a lineup of AJ folks offering free service.

2129 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

So post the song to AJ – and then post a comment on his item page pointing back to your item on AJ.

You have the Original files to prove you created it, and you have the emails from him that he was making suggestions about the project.

He can not say he contracted you for the work, because he has no contract – but you have the original RAW files for the music.

44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
simlos says

hi phil,

the new logo reveal is nearly finished, i hope this will improve your mood a bit. i totally understand your situation and loyality stays often far behind greed and “business”. i will mail you the preview soon, so i am ready for a new template… as you mentioned in your post, not all vh authors are the same ;)

cheers simlos

by
by
by
by
by
by