1899 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

I’ve spent one day to organize things and wrote my terms concerning support, custom work and other legal terms. (on my profile page)

What is your take on this? You find it ok? You think it’s awesome? You think it’s not complete? Just what do you say? :)

597 posts
  • Author Level 12
  • Freebie
  • Collector Level 2
  • Winner
+21 more
theMOLITOR
says
273 posts The WordPress geeks
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Feedback Guru
+9 more
ThemeFuzz
says

Hi,

Nice :) ... i actually read all wall of text. I think it is a good idea, but i do not know how many of your buyers will read it :P .

Best regards, Stefan

• Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/author-support-terms-conditions/61105

I knew yours too, I was only seeking to build the ultimate such thing, so nobody could ever contact me for any ridiculous reason.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Actually the profile page doesn’t going to influence buying decision. And most probably buyers going to reach that page with the intention of contacting the author, so better keep a single paragraph message that quickly guides the efficient way to get help. Few things could be moved into item page itself (if it helps you and buyer really).

All the remaining information going to be ignored by them anyway. Too much of obvious precautions may halt repeat buyers with the assumption you have special terms, just my 1 cent! :P

...so nobody could ever contact me for any ridiculous reason.

This is not a theory but from my experience, I understood that the buyers who makes obvious mistakes on implementation are not going to understand the terms also.

• Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

Thanks, one cent taken :)

• Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

The war started on my template comment page..

by
by
by
by
by
by