• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
TylerQuinn says

I have noticed a lot of authors (especially elite) have chosen to break out of the marketplace demo frames or the little bars across the top of the screen when you go to a live preview page of an item.

I think I want to move in this direction due to some issues I am starting to see it causing and just had a few questions first. Hopefully some authors who are doing this can chime in.

1 – Have you seen any positive or negative effects from this? I cant really think of any negs as long as the referral link is still at the top but its worth asking.

2 – What method are you using to break out of the frame if so?

3 – Is this against the TOS ?

964 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says
725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
TylerQuinn says

Not the best timing ;) it will be forbidden soon http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/custom-iframe-header-bar-no-longer-permitted/61498

I think its a step back, especially when the marketplace bar is causing issues with social plugins and security settings on certain users’ machines.

Not only that but for themes and plugin demos it makes it a lot easier to have switches / presets right at the demo in a custom demo bar.

Staff? I see a lot of elite authors doing it. Is this one those grey area things?

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

I think it would be best that if you would like to discuss the issues regarding the potential banning of custom frames, that you continue it in the original thread: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/custom-iframe-header-bar-no-longer-permitted/61498?page=1 which i have moved to all marketplaces.

Feel free to continue discussing whether it is advisable for you to use this method in this thread, or request for a moderator to lock it! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by