905 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
unchartedrealms says
800 rent 500 car 120 cell 50 cable 50 internet 150 insurance 20 insurance 150 energy 50 creditcard 50 creditcard 50 credit card 50 credit card 100 flashdend :) THats over 2,000 a month and dose not include food at all or themeforest
lol that doesnt mean you have to live this way, it’s your choice to live an expensive life and spend 200 $ /month on creedit cards

:) so true I just made a promise to not eat out this month because that is like 350 a month and that not including grocery store. But sadly I am living the american way. Which is big debt and over working to attempt to pay the debt. My corporate leaders would be proud of me. im stimulating the economy. modern day slavery . ok end rant. my lady spent 1000 dollars on clothing last month and only made 800. i hope she dose not see this. american women.

85 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
gdpgiga says

Over time, I’ve gotten pretty good at estimating effort and time, so I usually figure out how long I think it’s gonna take, times that by 133% and then multiply that by my rate (which is currently $100 an hr).

I then give that final quote to the client, I don’t give final quotes until I know for sure that I have/understand all the specs.

Works out pretty well, the client doesn’t find out what your “rate” is and is just paying for the product.

That’s my preferred method. If I work on-site for anybody though, my rate drops way down to around $65

- Taka

552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Mufaddal says
I do not get much freelance work :( . but i am more than happy if someone pays me 50$/hour for AS2 work.

+1

723 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
BigZ says
my lady spent 1000 dollars on clothing last month and only made 800. i hope she dose not see this. american women.

I dont understand how they love the clothes and shiny things so much:P

1955 posts
+3 more
Emroni says
my lady spent 1000 dollars on clothing last month and only made 800. i hope she dose not see this. american women.

I dont understand how they love the clothes and shiny things so much:P

I dont understand anything of them :P Like, no logic at all! But I love em anyway.. Mmm, the ladies.. Yes… :D

900 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

LOL im afraid its not just the American women who are guilty of that one….y d’you think FJ has to charge $70-100 per hour ;)

8267 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

LOL im afraid its not just the American women who are guilty of that one….y d’you think FJ has to charge $70-100 per hour ;)

lol lol, yeah the chicks over here aint cheap either :P lol

189 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
mbudm says

The big issue for me with hourly rates is factoring in the non design/developing time… trying to gauge how well organised the client is and how likely they are to faff around with changes, indecision etc. So often what has started as a discussion about a small job quickly descends into ‘scope creep’.

If i get a very clear spec from someone then I will lower my rate and be much more enthusiastic about the job because it will (overall) take me less time and generally it will mean a more satisfactory experience for me and the client – noone likes a project that drags on.

And I always negotiate and clearly define what ‘completed’ means and a get agreement on a post completion consultantcy rate that is higher than the rate for the job.

This approach turns away a lot of potential clients but it makes me more efficient and frees up my time to work on stock items as well (I realise I only have 5, don’t worry there’s more in the works ;-))

73 posts
blend4design says

i charge $35 to $50 usd.. but i’m now living in a country where living costs are very low. it would be higher if i were still living in the UK but anything over $75 an hour seams on the high side.

2114 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says
100$ / hour? thats insane! I take like 400$ for whole webpage with xml gallery etc.

That is not much :)

I think 100dollar a hour is good if you are good :) but there are a lot who think they are good that is the difference ;)

I don’t have a complete fixed rate it depends on the client and the project, for example i just almost finished a website with a 3d intro (personly i don’t like intros but he, if he wants one :) ) and a few dynamic text pages for 250 euro it was about 6 hours of work what comes to 40 euro a hour (around the 52 dollar @ the moment)

I think that is a nice hour rate :)

it doesn’t matter how good YOU are, what matters is how good YOUR SERVICES (or products) are. It doesn’t matter how professional they are coded, what matters is that they work perfectly. It doesn’t matter if they are complex or simple, what matters is whether they are appealing or not.
Personally I know my limits. I’m not the best developer, not by a long shot. I said it, and I’ll say it again, I’m a beginner, I started learning AS in may 2008, so I’m far from being advanced. So what?

by
by
by
by
by
by