3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
I can see this bringing you alot of work personally…

In a positive or negative way? :-)

8267 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
I can see this bringing you alot of work personally…

In a positive or negative way? :-)

possible either, I hope only in a good way though :)

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says
As i said.. the help file can be shown only to buyers! it still helps a lot!

yeah but they get a help file etc when they download it so is there any point to that? I thought we were getting at having the help file hosted along with the file here at FD so they can view both before they purchase…?

Well.. the main problem was with the guys that need support. the ones that don’t have the files are not the subject here.
It’s more easy to update only the help file instead of the entire file pack that needs a reviewer approval.
The thing should work like this: a buyer asks a question… you update the file with the answer and upload it to server. ...and all the buyers will have there all the help is needed. in an easy to update help file.

Dynamic updating help file may be cool but everything should be reviewed to check whether the material is acceptable or not.

You’ll never know what things author gonna upload if they can control this completely

1633 posts fueledweb.com
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

oh and wickedpixel long time no see your head :D it took awhile to be back huh :D

4662 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Dynamic updating help file may be cool but everything should be reviewed to check whether the material is acceptable or not.

You’ll never know what things author gonna upload if they can control this completely

Then you have one help file which uploaded with the file and checked by reviewers and the option to upload a regularly updated help file which can be downloaded from the file page. Maybe authors can choose if everyone can download it or only buyers (if it contains too much source of the file.)

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

or just limit the file to pdf only – what damage can be done with a pdf? Or better still how about a new page for each item to write the faq. I agree uploading a 20mb file each time you want to change some text, wastes everyone`s time.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

The button with the “Report this file” could be useful near the help file link.

and, yeah.. i’m glad to be back in one piece :P

1633 posts fueledweb.com
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

Then you have one help file which uploaded with the file and checked by reviewers and the option to upload a regularly updated help file which can be downloaded from the file page. Maybe authors can choose if everyone can download it or only buyers (if it contains too much source of the file.)

And the regularly updated help file should be reviewed also, I know this may be tedious but everything always has 2 sides. For example what if I upload a help file that contains self advertising to my personal site or even link to competitors site of FD

2114 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
fifty_tons says

I can’t put a link to my website in my help file? I didn’t know that.

4662 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says
I can’t put a link to my website in my help file? I didn’t know that.

You can post links to your personal site in your help file, this is allowed and has been done by most authors. You are not allowed to have links in your flash files to your personal site, you are only allowed links to pages within FlashDen.

by
by
by
by
by
by