• Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

Having them visible only for the Author and the Comenter is a very good ideea.

272 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

First of all I think comments should be split in two sections, General and Support. (FAQ section should be removed)

1. On Support comments area only author and buyer can see posts. Other buyers can see only their comments they posted and replies connected to their comments from author in Support comments area.

2. On General section area all links should not be allowed and all is needed is pure text, smiles etc.

3. Who not purchased item he/she can’t comment in Support comments area.

Also in General comments area there is no need to be part (bar diagonal) where is written ‘purchased’ to clarify that author purchased item. That is General section and should be equal for all, no one cares is it purchased or not on General (chat) comments area where is mostly written ‘Good luck with sales’, ‘Awesome’, ‘I almost s**t when saw you theme’...LOL…and similar…

With this system I personally would be very happy and that will help to solve all problems mentioned by other authors.

7192 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

Having them visible only for the Author and the Comenter is a very good ideea.

sound good to me.

575 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
GravityDept says

I’ve reported comments that post raw code (or link to it). Ideally “Item Comments” would be split into two sections as @pebas described.

I’ll add one thing. Authors should then be allowed to shift a comment from “Comments” to “Support” without assistance from Envato if the buyer mis-placed it.

AND they should be able to flag a non-buyer’s comment as “support related” which hides it publicly (as in: no presence in stream), and informs the non-buyer of this action.

817 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
PhilLarson says

I dont’ think this matters so much with AudioJungle, Travis. ...or am I missing something?

124 posts
  • Belarus
  • Exclusive Author
Themico says

Support is an option, this mean you can’t separate comments and support requests into two sections. Also, there will be as usual about a half of people who don’t care where they commenting or asking their support questions. And hiding support discussion is bad for potential buyers, as this is the big source of information for them, so there will be less transparency.

272 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

^ It should be less transparency anyway.

By the way they will care what they will wrote if ‘purchased’ bar will be removed from General Comments for example. That is another reason to have two sections, General and Support.

Support is for privileged users, actually for users who purchased our items and they should have separate section. Author choose where he will offer support and where not. Also most of the customers avoid asking for public support, where all can see what they asking for. No high valuable support info on public comments in my opinion.

That will solve all our and clients problems with links and so on for long time.

We going away from main course and links… :)

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

I dont’ think this matters so much with AudioJungle …or am I missing something?

Other than maybe the HTML Template category on ThemeForest, this is probably just relevant to CodeCanyon.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
TylerQuinn says

1. Source reasons.

2. Depending on the item I find a lot of people just want to drop links for traffic and have no major issue. For example they will drop a link to their site and ask if a feature is supported or planned for an upgrade. – Also fits number one.

3. Spam.

4. Pretty much 99.99% of the time plugins dont work it’s either user error or a slew of multiple jQuery versions being loaded in a poorly coded theme. Having links to these sites reflects poorly on the item when the item is usually working just fine. – Also fits in number 1.

In fact I think authors should have the ability to turn URLs on or off in comments. For those who use an outside support system and do not want any of the above mess in their comments it would be very handy. Would also cut down on the crazy number of comments that get reported for URL removing.

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Example.

I just installed your script at [ link can be seen by all buyers and the author only ] and i have an issue …..

This way, other buyers can see examples of other users implementations if need be too.

by
by
by
by
by
by