Next Version of PhpStorm is going to integrate WordPress Support (providing a bunch of WordPress-specific features).
Current WordPress support includes:
- WordPress integration in PhpStorm for new plugins (with plugin skeleton) and existing projects
- Development environment configuration for WordPress
- WordPress code style
- Hooks support (Including completion for registration functions parameters, navigation from hook registration functions to hook invocation, callbacks from hook registration, and other hooks-related features)
- Search on WordPress.org right from the editor
- WordPress command line tool WP-CLI integration
PhpStorm 8 (To be released in Q3 2014). There is an EAP (Early Access Programm) where you can already download Beta version of it.
I am working with PhpStorm since 1 Year, it has become my favorite IDE. Now after it is going to support WordPress also it will become much better (if even possible…).
Anything JetBrains release is a top-notch tool. Resharper is one of my favourite productivity tools (for Visual Studio).
I’ve tried phpstorm on PC, but it was slow and ugly… can’t remember the version. Is it any better now?
Anything JetBrains release is a top-notch tool. Resharper is one of my favourite productivity tools (for Visual Studio). I’ve tried phpstorm on PC, but it was slow and ugly… can’t remember the version. Is it any better now?
I have started with version 6.x and currently working with v7.1, both versions are running fast (even with multiple instances) and packed with very use- and helpful features I don’t want to miss anymore.