247 posts themesdepot.org
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

I’ve recently noticed that some support forums of popular WordPress products (mostly plugins) disable the creation of new tickets on weekends, i guess this has been added in order to prevent the creation of a “backlog” of tickets that can be created during the weekends. I was wondering what do you buyers and author think of this practice? Do you think it would help speed up the process of answering customers tickets?

1337 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I think if you did this you’d find your themeforest comments get rather busy over the weekend ;)

Just mention in your support policy that no tickets will be answered on weekends. It’s then your buyers responsibility to read and make note of this.

15 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Feya says

Hello For me, I think that technical support should not be linked to the holiday and do not at night or day, especially while having serious problems with the customer may cause the interruption of their sites.

1022 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I noticed that these closed week-ends are in general at the authors who work as a team (in teams) or when behind that username is in fact a whole small company, while authors who work alone, work&support non-stop, including the week-ends.

762 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

I do that 7/7, also because if I stop for one day, the next one I’d have 30 tickets and I should spend my whole day answering. (Stopped for easter, next day I had 28 requests…)

Normally in the weekend there is less activity and less support, so, normally, I do everything in 3 hours per day.

17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
Slappit says

Hello For me, I think that technical support should not be linked to the holiday and do not at night or day, especially while having serious problems with the customer may cause the interruption of their sites.

so let me get this correct.

You believe that because you purchased a theme (which the author only gets between 50% -70% of the money minus taxes etc) that an author should be at beck and call no matter if its at 2pm in the afternoon on Tuesday March 12th or 2am in the morning on Christmas day.

I can understand this when you pay $10,000’s but when the author only makes about $25 – $30 be happy to get any support.

762 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LCweb says

You believe that because you purchased a theme (which the author only gets between 50% -70% of the money minus taxes etc) that an author should be at beck and call no matter if its at 2pm in the afternoon on Tuesday March 12th or 2am in the morning on Christmas day.

I can understand this when you pay $10,000’s but when the author only makes about $25 – $30 be happy to get any support.

Nice behavior to get low ratings and lose customers! :D

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

It doesn’t work like that. Customer is king. If you wanna have a business and establish relationships with your customers, you have to act like a business. When people ask for your help on Friday at 5pm, they don’t expect to receive a reply on Monday 7AM. They need it as soon as possible. Of course most of the times nothing will happen if you don’t reply to them during weekends, however, if you want to be recognized as a brand and have advantages over your competitors, you have to do something extra.

Everybody’s selling themes here and doing the standard “menu”, if you’ll just work with the customer on “okay, I solved your problem, now go away”, you will just sell and that’s it.

Going the extra mile doesn’t hurt that much and can bring great benefits on long-term.

For most of the authors there are quite a small number of support tickets to take care of, but I do offer weekend support and I receive nearly 50 support tickets. :) All by myself. And it doesn’t affect me that much. The time I’d spend on Youtube or Facebook in the morning or before going to sleep, I invest in my customers.

15 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Feya says

To my knowledge that the theme owner comes on his mind and sell its own theme for $ 40 and no one deceive him, but if he said that it supports only 5 days a week in public, it is something else.

63 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Voxelflux says

I occasionally post a ticket after purchasing a new theme if I have any issues. I don’t mind geting an answer the next day or the day after, but locking me out of writing the ticket on the weekend is quite annoying.

As long as I get an adequate answer within a week I’m quite happy and I’ll instantly rate the item 5 stars. Most dev teams are small and it’s only normal that they can’t respond immediately or over the weekends.

by
by
by
by
by
by