1005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I can understand this when you pay $10,000’s but when the author only makes about $25 – $30 be happy to get any support.

I don’t get it. If I buy a 20$ coat or a cable for a gadget, I usually get support/help (via 24/24 phone!). But I am not entitled to support for a 25-30$ theme??? I’m sorry, but this is a bit strange.

So, you are saying I should get support only when I spend $10,000’s for a product???

I can understand developers are busy (me too, with many projects simultaneously) and support here is not mandatory, but after all is common sense. If people buy the code I wrote, if they can’t use it, after all it’s my moral duty to help.

1448 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

^ I agree with you 100%. If I get support requests over the weekend or holiday, I make it a point to reply within the hour and let them know I’m busy at the moment and give them an estimate of when I can take a look at the issue. This lets them know that they aren’t being ignored and many times people will reply saying they appreciate the fast response and are ok with waiting. The key is transparency and great communication :)

15 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Feya says

I see in what you busy from one look to your Avatar WebSmacker. ;)

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I don’t respond to support tickets during the weekend. I have a life.. If my customers don’t, it’s their problem. Yes, they can wait three days. If not, they should not purchase from me. It’s simple. Respect yourself.

166 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
EasyDevelopment says

I reply ASAP even if it’s 2 in the morning, I love replying :) ( considering I get like 1 message a week lol )

15 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Feya says

What do you think should contact your doctor or ambulance then close the phone for that holiday?? In my concepts of technical support, such as the doctor responsible for the patient’s associated with it. Yes you can carry notebooks with you in the car or even when relaxing on the beach … I will never forget how we provide technical support for the year 2000 and we go out for the night to the office to solve the problem with our client hosts a monthly pittance compared to the amount ..

1289 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

What do you think should contact your doctor or ambulance then close the phone for that holiday?? Yes you can carry notebooks with you in the car or even when relaxing on the beach …

Hang on, what?! So what you’re basically saying is that if you sell something on themeforest, you’re never allowed to take a break from doing support? I’m not allowed a weekend, or apparently to even relax on the beach on holiday without constantly answering support?

Stop being childish and get real, we have lives to live as well. Comparing theme support to an ambulance service is absolutely stupid. I actually cannot believe that you even said that :D

1774 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Hehe, yes, that comparison is too much. It’s totally acceptable to not offer support during weekends, but it’s not a bad thing for the authors that do offer it, if you’re logging in anyway. In the end, you will still have to reply those tickets :D

1469 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

You guys are mixing some things that should not be mixed, someone mentioned 24h support when buying some items, do check please in what country’s and what company’s are behind that support.

For example lets say that warranty is also a bit similar tu support, here every company for every product has 40 days to fix or replace your product, 40 days! And we are talking about huge corporations. And here one author selling for example 2k a month, and you guys think he should sit behind his desk and be available for you whenever your site glitches 24/7 (most of the time because you want customisation in any form other then bugs).

Please be real!

205 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
visualkicks says

That’s an interesting concept. It certainly gets the point across that you are in actual fact a human being with a life!

I just spent the last 2 weeks moving 2 states over (in Melbourne now) and my support has been lacking. It probably wasn’t the best time to move (easter long weekend, my birthday, anzac day, 3 day week etc etc). Im having to spend some serious time in cafes now for the internet until I get connected haha.

I would have really welcomed a way of letting everyone know that they should expect delays the past week or so.

I make it a point to reply within the hour and let them know I’m busy at the moment and give them an estimate of when I can take a look at the issue.

The problem with this is that you’re still having to constantly check your tickets / comments. That’s not a weekend :D

by
by
by
by
by
by