360 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Philo01 Envato team says

Hi! :)

I was wondering, I think it sometimes can be quite annoying to wait for an reviewer to check your update and approve it.

It would be great if there was an option to become a verified user. If you are a verified user, your updates don’t need manual approval.

For example, as an author you have the option to become verified user by paying $10 and agreeing to the rules that if you have included something that is not allowed your account will be returned to normal and you cannot be become a verified user anymore.

Anyways, its just an idea ;)

Kind regards,

Philo

77 posts Elite Author
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
mbiz says

I think there could be an option like that, but only when the reviewers team agree that one deserves it. No money needed.

1913 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TPN Envato team says

Even verified users break rules. :(

15 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
JustLikeThat says

Or, if it has at least 100 sales it becomes verified user, this way it has to take some risks if is breaking the rules.

371 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says

Envato would be taking too much of a risk doing this. I can’t see it ever happening.

960 posts
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

I just did an update as it happens, I was 18th on Themeforest. I thought it’d take ages but it was updated within hours so no complaints this end.

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

Huge +1 on this for me.

Early in a product life cycle, I can update a project with tweaks 2 or 3 times in a 24 hours timespan. This is just a fact of life when your project receives a flood of new users, new eyeballs, and new bug-detectors to your product. While I can update my live-demo instantly, it often can take a day or two (which I might note is SUPER fast compared to other sites) for the reviewers to approve the new download file.

For example: I just launched a new product that had a few bugs and typos spotted immediately – I had the live-demo updated in mere minutes, but I had to resort to emailing the updates to early buyers while I waiting for a reviewer to find the time. Again, this is no fault of the reviewers at all – they do amazing work.

I would imagine that allowing “verified” authors to auto-approve their own download files would also take more stress off of the reviewers, which means faster feedback/approvals on new products and on updates from less experienced authors, who would often benefit from the reviewers having a little extra time to help them move towards approval.

Great idea Philo!

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says
I just did an update as it happens, I was 18th on Themeforest. I thought it’d take ages but it was updated within hours so no complaints this end.

Yep – this is often the case during the week – most updates are approved in a flash. Still, to buyers who want to have the newest version “right this instant”, those few hours can be annoying. I think the bigger point here is that if a “verified” author can auto-approve his own update files, it takes a huge load of work from the reviewers in general.

15 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
JustLikeThat says

Or, the “verified” tag can be applied to a project on the first upload, after that are just updates…

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

What about: if an item was updated immediately but reviewed a little bit later. This way sellers and buyers are happy thanks to the prompt action AND the update is still reviewed by authorized person so the sellers cant break rules (only on a couple of hours or days until the item is reviewed and that’s ok I think). If the reviewer won’t be satisfied, the update will be cancelled and he switch it to the previous version. The only downside I can think of is that TF would have to store those two latest updated files.

by
by
by
by
by
by