1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

I find it ironic that people who earn 10+ grand a month here forget to withdraw that same money every month into their pockets :P

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

I use Reminders for iOS, simple :)

4334 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

+5 :)

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Very true however having to use alternative outside apps for something that really should be part of an authors dashboard really isn’t a correct answer imo.

Everyone can make mistakes, be absent minded during project times and or client deadlines or even personal issues (maybe losing internet connection for a few days) – having the check box really is the answer to this.

1599 posts Chris Robinson
+10 more
contempoinc says

I find it ironic that people who earn 10+ grand a month here forget to withdraw that same money every month into their pockets :P

Its only happened once before and trust me it’s not a fun feeling when you depend on it, got my fingers crossed that support can manually process.

Everyone can make mistakes, be absent minded during project times and or client deadlines or even personal issues (maybe losing internet connection for a few days) – having the check box really is the answer to this.

Agreed!

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Very true however having to use alternative outside apps for something that really should be part of an authors dashboard really isn’t a correct answer imo.

True, but you can use an alternative while they improve the withdrawal system. It’s unjustifiable that someone – sorry Chris :P – forgets to withdraw their money with so many reminder apps out there.

I’m talking here as another author and this is not an official response.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
+8 more
jonathan01 says

True, but you can use an alternative while they improve the withdrawal system. It’s unjustifiable that someone – sorry Chris :P – forgets to withdraw their money with so many reminder apps out there.

I’m talking here as another author and this is not an official response.

But the problem is with this

“while they improve the withdrawal system”

there has never been an official response to this request that I can ever remember and it’s been a repeating forum thread for literally years – therefore I do not believe they are even improving it in anyway, and it should be – there’s no excuse for it really.

69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in France
rafaelrasalan says

Hmm. Maybe revaxarts can do something about this? if you know what i mean?

632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

The reason why there is not an automatic request is for this reason in general.

When people forget to withdraw money, its in there account longer.

You get 4-5 top authors which could rake upto $100k, 1 month on interest is going to be at least $500

So image alot of small authors who forget at the same time:

top authors = $100k lots of small authors = $200k

total earning on interest over $1.5k

Good business sense not to give automatic withdrawals, i wouldnt if i was them if i was earning a 1000 dollers for absolute nothing.

604 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

TF is a big percentage of my income too. I forgot to setup a withdrawal earlier this year once, and it was an unnecessary pain waiting two months to collect those earnings.

@ contempoinc has a valid complaint. This should be a feature (rather it should have been one already). It has nothing to do with PayPal. Envato could queue up the withdrawals once per month from its own system.

I’m not familiar enough with Australia’s financial regulatory system, but it may not be legal for Envato to collect interest on earnings they’re required to pay out to authors. Even if this isn’t the case, withholding that money hurts Envato’s biggest earners. It’s simply greedy or short-sighted.

At worst, this penalizes elite authors and makes running a business (not just earning ancillary income) on Envato marketplaces more difficult. It’s Envato’s job to make being an author easier. Elite authors pay them thousands every month for this. It’s just another unfortunate example of Envato stagnating and failing the needs of its users.

by
by
by
by
by
by