• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dekciw says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support?

I cannot even imagine.. is it really that hard to spare few minutes and check if you requested a payout? I guess, I could understand if TF would be your only part-time money maker, but..

218 posts
  • Canada
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
simonbouchard says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support? I cannot even imagine.. is it really that hard to spare few minutes and check if you requested a payout? I guess, I could understand if TF would be your only part-time money maker, but..

Yes it is, I did the error twice. Had to borrow money from the bank. Sometimes, we just don’t see the days passing through:

“We’re in september, are we ?”
“No, it’s already october 2… babe.”
“WHAT #!@?”

Yep.

Oh I forgot to eat, sometimes…

Yep…

+1 for this feature, please!

541 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
GravityDept says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support?

Authors who do this full time have 100+ tasks per day. That’s over 36,500 tasks a year. If you think it’s easy to keep perfect track of 12 of them you’re kidding yourself. The fact is many authors have been burned by this, and it’s avoidable. Envato could give us one less thing to do every month.

It also certainly doesn’t help that the withdrawal status is designed badly. There’s no reason to ram that content unabridged and unreadable into a table.

If Envato were an author, this would be a “hard reject” for me:

Envato Withdrawal Bad Design

897 posts Community Officer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Hi guys, We’ve had a few authors contacting us recently about this issue, we agree that there should be an easier way to organise your withdrawals each month. It’s definitely something we have been discussing as well. Thanks for your feedback. :)

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
rafaelrasalan says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support? I cannot even imagine.. is it really that hard to spare few minutes and check if you requested a payout? I guess, I could understand if TF would be your only part-time money maker, but..

I think you need to analyze contempoinc’s situation first. First of all he’s an Elite Author, that means he do a lot of task like what GravityDept says. Some elite authors hire assistants because it’s really hard to manage everything (customer support, fixing bugs, updating previous themes, working on a new item etc.) so in the case of contempoinc maybe he works alone? he has a family/children to take care of? not sure. Soon you’ll understand when the pressure hits you :)

94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
pixedelic says

Hi guys, We’ve had a few authors contacting us recently about this issue, we agree that there should be an easier way to organise your withdrawals each month. It’s definitely something we have been discussing as well. Thanks for your feedback. :)

What about some email alerts, at least until a better solution can be found?

1215 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

I would rather have an explanation (maybe someone did and i can’t find it) why it is that withdraw of money has this time limitations anyway?

213 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
themelux says

I would rather have an explanation (maybe someone did and i can’t find it) why it is that withdraw of money has this time limitations anyway?

Just a guess but it’s probably due to charge backs that buyers do to Envato.

1215 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Is the system similar as withdrawing money from paypal, since it takes for me up to 3 days to get it on my account on paypal, regardless when I do it. Just curious, don’t kill me :P

237 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
dmsumon says

It is but what I’m proposing is another checkbox that will automatically request withdrawal every month indefinitely until the option is unchecked.

It is really a cool idea

by
by
by
by
by
by