332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support?

I cannot even imagine.. is it really that hard to spare few minutes and check if you requested a payout? I guess, I could understand if TF would be your only part-time money maker, but..

218 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+4 more
simonbouchard says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support? I cannot even imagine.. is it really that hard to spare few minutes and check if you requested a payout? I guess, I could understand if TF would be your only part-time money maker, but..

Yes it is, I did the error twice. Had to borrow money from the bank. Sometimes, we just don’t see the days passing through:

“We’re in september, are we ?”
“No, it’s already october 2… babe.”
“WHAT #!@?”

Yep.

Oh I forgot to eat, sometimes…

Yep…

+1 for this feature, please!

588 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support?

Authors who do this full time have 100+ tasks per day. That’s over 36,500 tasks a year. If you think it’s easy to keep perfect track of 12 of them you’re kidding yourself. The fact is many authors have been burned by this, and it’s avoidable. Envato could give us one less thing to do every month.

It also certainly doesn’t help that the withdrawal status is designed badly. There’s no reason to ram that content unabridged and unreadable into a table.

If Envato were an author, this would be a “hard reject” for me:

Envato Withdrawal Bad Design

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi guys, We’ve had a few authors contacting us recently about this issue, we agree that there should be an easier way to organise your withdrawals each month. It’s definitely something we have been discussing as well. Thanks for your feedback. :)

69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in France
rafaelrasalan says

So, guys.. themeforest is your only source of income? You earn nearly 10k? And you’re saying that you manage to forget to withdraw your hard earned 10k from THE ONLY source of income? Then how do you even remember that you have to pay taxes or have a family to support? I cannot even imagine.. is it really that hard to spare few minutes and check if you requested a payout? I guess, I could understand if TF would be your only part-time money maker, but..

I think you need to analyze contempoinc’s situation first. First of all he’s an Elite Author, that means he do a lot of task like what GravityDept says. Some elite authors hire assistants because it’s really hard to manage everything (customer support, fixing bugs, updating previous themes, working on a new item etc.) so in the case of contempoinc maybe he works alone? he has a family/children to take care of? not sure. Soon you’ll understand when the pressure hits you :)

94 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
pixedelic says

Hi guys, We’ve had a few authors contacting us recently about this issue, we agree that there should be an easier way to organise your withdrawals each month. It’s definitely something we have been discussing as well. Thanks for your feedback. :)

What about some email alerts, at least until a better solution can be found?

1466 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
Anps says

I would rather have an explanation (maybe someone did and i can’t find it) why it is that withdraw of money has this time limitations anyway?

213 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
themelux says

I would rather have an explanation (maybe someone did and i can’t find it) why it is that withdraw of money has this time limitations anyway?

Just a guess but it’s probably due to charge backs that buyers do to Envato.

1466 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
Anps says

Is the system similar as withdrawing money from paypal, since it takes for me up to 3 days to get it on my account on paypal, regardless when I do it. Just curious, don’t kill me :P

238 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
dmsumon says

It is but what I’m proposing is another checkbox that will automatically request withdrawal every month indefinitely until the option is unchecked.

It is really a cool idea

by
by
by
by
by
by