80 posts Javascript black magic and WordPress alchemy
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 7
  • Featured Item
  • Featured Author
+8 more
GreenTreeLabs
says

Hi, I noticed that now, placing answers to comments mark them as read automatically.

This is so uncomfortable to me, because it often makes me forget that I have some pending task, and customers are obviously not happy about it.

Are someone agree with me? I know that maybe I should find a better way to keep track of my open issues but I don’t think that this “feature” makes much sense in any way.

3022 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Meetup Participant
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
+14 more
Creattive
says

100% agree.

1829 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Author Level 9
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Trendsetter
+9 more
Firsh
says

If you don’t reply it’s not marked as read and is kept open! I actually like the feature.

952 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 6
  • Mo Bro
  • Super Copyright Ninja
+8 more
EladChai
says

Hi, I noticed that now, placing answers to comments mark them as read automatically.

This is so uncomfortable to me, because it often makes me forget that I have some pending task, and customers are obviously not happy about it.

Are someone agree with me? I know that maybe I should find a better way to keep track of my open issues but I don’t think that this “feature” makes much sense in any way.

+1000

1763 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

If you don’t reply it’s not marked as read and is kept open! I actually like the feature.

+1, love it, it makes it easier for me to selectively answer comments and leave others if I need to for a while.

73 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 2
  • 1 Year of Membership
+1 more
TitanThemes
says

Just notice not sure if its a bug, say you have 2 comments and if you reply fast enough the messages’s status will remain as read.

80 posts Javascript black magic and WordPress alchemy
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 7
  • Featured Item
  • Featured Author
+8 more
GreenTreeLabs
says

Sometimes I prefer to give a first answer, like when I ask to wait for further investingations on an issue.

667 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Author Level 9
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+7 more
ThemeBeans
says

Sometimes I prefer to give a first answer, like when I ask to wait for further investingations on an issue.

+1 with this here.

1829 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Author Level 9
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Trendsetter
+9 more
Firsh
says

+1 with this here.

In that case I usually ask them to contact me from my profile. Different support giving styles I think. So this should be a toggleable setting in the author settings :)

by
by
by
by
by
by