398 posts I <3 WordPress
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Located in United States Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says

This should still REALLY be considered a priority. Here’s a good example of why:

A lot of authors do this full time. It’s their sole job and they depend on that monthly income as their paycheck. This single “paycheck” is used to pay for a mortgage, food and in some cases, a lot of us have kids and a family to take care of.

Now if you were to forget to submit your withdrawal one month, you lose an entire month’s worth of pay. It’s as if you didn’t work. You could miss a mortgage payment, scrap together change for food, etc. I know this is a little bit dramatized, obviously. But not by much.

So if there was simple a checkbox to say withdrawal all earnings automatically each month, I would personally feel SO much more comfortable knowing that I don’t need to remember to ask to get paid each month. Seems like a simple solution to what potentially be a big problem for some authors, including myself.

I’m not asking for an automated payment system, just an automated “I want to get paid this month” system. ;)

973 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

Not really a good answer but, set reminders every month to tick the `Withdrawal of all earnings at 30 Jun 2012 23:59:59` box thing. It would take more time to code it than the time saved to tick a box and autocomplete the emails

328 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
CRSDesign says

I would love such a tick box. I’ve often wondered why they don’t have one, and all I can think is that they want to keep the money in the envato account as long as poss. And if auto withdraws is on then it’s a steady stream going outwards every 15th.

3717 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred more than 5000 members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I would love that.

Could be completely wrong, but there may be some sort of legality as to why they don’t have that already, hence the cooling period of two weeks too.

As I said, could be completely wrong, so don’t shoot me down.

398 posts I <3 WordPress
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Located in United States Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says

I don’t mind waiting until the 15th at all, it’s the fact that I have to go to my Withdrawal page and do that each month that I want to get paid. They manually send out the payments now, which is still fine. They just need to make the “pay me this month” functionality more automated.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

All I can think is that they want to keep the money in the envato account as long as poss. And if auto withdraws is on then it’s a steady stream going outwards every 15th.

Spot on.

398 posts I <3 WordPress
+9 more
BoxyStudio says

Could be completely wrong, but there may be some sort of legality as to why they don’t have that already, hence the cooling period of two weeks too.

Yeah I get that, but it wouldn’t be automated unless the author checked the box. Any authors that check that box probably go on each month to withdrawal anyway, so I don’t think it would be a major change. It would just be easier for us. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by