3719 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Did you follow the steps in the image above? That file size cannot be the right zip folder. I suggest you ask the author in their support forum http://theme-fusion.com/support/ and to repost what was said earlier the process is well covered in their documentation here http://theme-fusion.com/support/documentation/avada-documentation/

4147 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

You are using your own domain and hosting right and not WordPress.com?

Are you sure you have the right Zip file and not the theme, PSd, documentation etc?

In your downloads page click download and select “installable WordPress file only”

+1

7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Israel
mcarmel says

This is the file name that I”m tray upload

themeforest-2833226-avada-responsive-multipurpose-theme-wordpress_theme

498 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
simonswiss says

Sounds like a bad case of Kurulumuun right there.. :-)

@mcarmel if you follow the steps shown in the screen capture shown above, it will work. This is the exact procedure.

7 posts
  • Israel
mcarmel says

I”m do’it as describ ~ not working

7 posts
  • Israel
mcarmel says

It’s see problem with my hosting site

325 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
-bianca- says

I just had to check it…. and he’s actually right.
The installable WordPress file is 9 Mb. The complete package even 236Mb.

Anyway check with your hosting company or upload the files manually by FTP.
http://theme-fusion.com/videos/how-to-install-the-avada-theme-via-wordpress-ftp/
232 posts Premium Website Design
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemeFusion says

Hey :)

We can gladly help you install the theme, signup and post on our support forum and we can do it for you.

The theme zip is 9mb because it includes the layer slider plugin, which has 5 different sample sliders, each with its own images.

Without the Layer Slider plugin, the theme zip is under 4MB. Its not the theme that is large, its the plugin.

The overall package is 235MB because we include over 60 fully layered, designed PSD files. But that has nothing to do with the theme, its simply extra files we include for those who want the full package.

But the theme zip is ONLY large due to the layer slider plugin and its included sample sliders. Which are from the layer slider developers, not us.

If you need assistance, please signup and post on our forum and w’ell take care of you right away.

325 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
-bianca- says

@Themefusion. Thanks for your clarification :)
I did not mean it to be a critique when I pointed out the file size. But I felt the need to point it out because in my opinion the discussion was going the wrong way. I also did not want to leave the TS get stuck. But it’s always good to know the details on the why, thanks!
:)

615 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

Hey :)

We can gladly help you install the theme, signup and post on our support forum and we can do it for you.

The theme zip is 9mb because it includes the layer slider plugin, which has 5 different sample sliders, each with its own images.

Without the Layer Slider plugin, the theme zip is under 4MB. Its not the theme that is large, its the plugin.

The overall package is 235MB because we include over 60 fully layered, designed PSD files. But that has nothing to do with the theme, its simply extra files we include for those who want the full package.

But the theme zip is ONLY large due to the layer slider plugin and its included sample sliders. Which are from the layer slider developers, not us.

If you need assistance, please signup and post on our forum and w’ell take care of you right away.

thanks for the flag i guess! ;)

You include the slider in the package – so the package is large. Don’t blame the theme package being large because of layer slider – your the one who includes it.

by
by
by
by
by
by