4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Well, I’ve decided to delete my entire portfolio. And while you’re reading this sentence, I’ll allow you to think that its because of a confidence and self esteem issue. While now, with this sentence, I’ll begin to explain to you that the reason behind it is completely understandably professional. As far as I’ve known this place my files have gotten less than satisfactory responses- little sales, harsh critiques, ungrateful customers ( I would know. I get their emails ). I bust my ass to make these templates to the best of my abilities only to know that, ironically, I get few sales compared to the amount of copies that are being circulated. We all know what that means right? Well, since this place refuses to do anything about it, GOD knows they don’t care to, I’m leaving.

You all may feel happy as long as your making money off of it, but no self respecting so called author would happily give their work away so irresponsibly if they weren’t receiving some sort of compensation from it. Well, I’m not going to take it anymore. Thanks for the memories and ( for taking 15,000$ out of 28,000$ to show me you care about your source of provisional income, US, we authors ). It’s not worth it. Plain and simple. It’s just not worth it. It’s just not worth it. I can’t say it enough. It’s just not worth it!

So in 3 days, to maybe 4, I’ll be saying good bye with an ill remembrance of this establishment.

Good – friggen – bye.

( I’m tired of sending out DMCA notices. I mean DANG !! )

And this is completely relative to the entire set of marketplaces, so don’t go putting this in another topic. I want people to read the reason why. Its my right! And from all you’ve taken from me, and for all that I’ve put up with, I think you owe it to me to at least leave this post up without locking, or without deleting it.

3182 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

dang. looks like I should release my “install WP theme from activation code” script to other authors. haven’t had any of our themes ripped since doing that (to my knowledge)

best of luck with future endeavours !

465 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+4 more
readactor says

@Aw_Shucks,

just wanted to tell you are doing a great job on yr templates, in special on Melodious one. I imagine a very large amount of time spent there.

regarding the rips, i though for flash is more easy to be protected. it seem not.

just few cheap thoughts:

is like on football / soccer, who gets more faults? those who know well with the ball. unfortunately, if you are good in what you are doing, is hard to stay under thieves radar.

but, if your files are already on warez, why do you want to delete theme from market? the honest peoples will buy the items, even they can find them and for “free”. on the other hand, you can get potential clients for more bigger individual projects.

at least, you can let a note on yr profile you will not support any of yr files, to not get bothered by buyers.

but, you know more better what you should do.

later edit:

I should release my “install WP theme from activation code” script to other authors.
@dtbaker, yes, you should :). but, to can get a reward for your work, you can put in codecanyon, i am sure will have buyers.
69 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
bilawal360 says

@dtbaker – As much as I would love for you to do that, it wouldn’t benefit you as people would find out how it implemented, then remove it and start distributing your files. Most of us as coders should find our own way.

Selling on a marketplace like Codecanyon (and Envato) comes with that headache of having your file will be illegally distributed but no matter where you go, it’ll always be the same. Envato has a significant amount of customers (who do pay regardless), generate you popularity, custom work, money (long-term money as you’ll get customers six months down the line) and friends.

I do believe Envato could do more for what it’s asking from us, but I’m not the person who can change or control Envato or their sites. Good luck for the future!

3182 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

I’ve noticed some odd similarities in quite a number of new “download now” websites… especially in the `whois` department… maybe even put together by the same people… They promise free themes, but simply redirect here to the marketplace. Excellent for clogging up the search engines.

I think envato are doing a few subtle things to help the problem :)

128 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
jackpotsoft says

I’ve noticed some odd similarities in quite a number of new “download now” websites… especially in the `whois` department… maybe even put together by the same people… They promise free themes, but simply redirect here to the marketplace. Excellent for clogging up the search engines. I think envato are doing a few subtle things to help the problem :)

Such sites are good for envato , as they result top in google , people looking for warez end up with envato and for sure it turns into a sale .

Btwn onething : People who wants to run a business mostly buy the things , even if it is shared somewhere.

I think wp-themes consist of hard work(other items too)

Encrypting some of files and adding activation code will be nice to protect.

Cause mostly things are decrypted (nulled)does not perform well.

Buyers are may be too demanding , so keep the license agreement in different terms ,

I am developer(nt so good) on other side, so i recommend my buyers to buy from here.

Leaving envato isnt a solution!

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

So in 3 days, to maybe 4, I’ll be saying good bye with an ill remembrance of this establishment.

Good – friggen – bye.

Well its not the first time you point this issue Ban or have the habit deleting your file`s .

As a flasher you know very few freelancers that submitting flash files on this small stock market are doing well in sells outside the Envato market, i am afraid to say at this point if you going outside the Envato market and try submitting flash files your life will be even harder., unless you point yourself into a new direction in life cos` i can’t imagine seeing you working in construction on Manhattan street`s and taking the subway path from NJ to NYC is very tedious matter on a regular day base :P .

Your issue you just point is the inheritance of all Envato dev` for years here not just you, some deals with it some don’t i guess.

If you ask me ill recommend you to go to your local bar (I can recommend you a place) put your sorrow on the drink, then find a hot girl have some fun and rethink it cos` deleting your files over and over was never the right solution .

For finalo ill say “may the flash force will be with you, live long flash life and prosper” :P

6085 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

( for taking 15,000$ out of 28,000$ to show me you care about your source of provisional income, US, we authors )

It is just an illusion. If we reach our maximum % share within 6 months of entering into the marketplace (so many authors doing this in TF), we will say things positively about income. Of cource, if we have to take 10 years to reach reasonable %, then we have nothing positive to say about worthiness of microstock.

1724 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I don’t think it’s about the sales. Unless you pump new stuff out constantly and flag your profile as not available for freelance. It’s about getting known and getting clients. I think it’s about ten times more that incoming clients get you than the sales alone. And I never wanted to look for my files for free I simply don’t care. It’s part of the business and the time I’d waste trying to hunt them down I just do something more useful.

If it’s your decision, then fine: goodbye, but we’ll miss you.

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Well its not the first time you point this issue Ban or have the habit deleting your file`s .

Well, its definitely going to be the last. I’ll find other paths in my life. Its no one’s concern here what my paths will be, but I’ll still be thankful for having an opportunity to know that staying here is not what my path should be.

by
by
by
by
by
by