• Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

VF, I understand your points. They’re very legitimately observed, even by many here at envato. And the points you mentioned are the very core of the force behind the authors here. When I joined I took advantage of the opportunity to make money while at the same time doing what I wanted to do. And I understood that the opportunity was shared by the company the entire time I was a part of it. If it were that I was still benefitting from the opportunity then I would have stayed longer. Sadly, the case was that I was losing out big time, mostly recently, and I couldn’t take it anymore. The thing I mentioned about the sales percent is something I could have done without mentioning. I was in a tense state of mind, so I thought about all the things that got me down at one point or another, even if it isn’t a big deal. Still, while I was here for 3 years, I couldn’t even make half of what they took from me, and I guess I kinda saw the pitifulness in that fact. While it is still a good company, I was too harsh, and yes, a bit overly expressive about it. Still, thanks for the condolences. Here’s to a future full of perseverance and prosperity, both in our personal lives as well as with our businesses.

// Aw_Shucks—

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

your latest posts were anything like they used to be, so it was clear there was no more fun for you in this place

you gonna be missed here, mate but this farewell will help you having fun doing your work again.

and by fun i mean fun+money.

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
zefs says

VF, I understand your points. They’re very legitimately observed, even by many here at envato. And the points you mentioned are the very core of the force behind the authors here. When I joined I took advantage of the opportunity to make money while at the same time doing what I wanted to do. And I understood that the opportunity was shared by the company the entire time I was a part of it. If it were that I was still benefitting from the opportunity then I would have stayed longer. Sadly, the case was that I was losing out big time, mostly recently, and I couldn’t take it anymore. The thing I mentioned about the sales percent is something I could have done without mentioning. I was in a tense state of mind, so I thought about all the things that got me down at one point or another, even if it isn’t a big deal. Still, while I was here for 3 years, I couldn’t even make half of what they took from me, and I guess I kinda saw the pitifulness in that fact. While it is still a good company, I was too harsh, and yes, a bit overly expressive about it. Still, thanks for the condolences. Here’s to a future full of perseverance and prosperity, both in our personal lives as well as with our businesses. // Aw_Shucks—

Sorry, too long didn’t read.

:p

Just trying to cheer you up.

87 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
nitrox says

Aw_Shucks, I don’t know you personally but I definitely noticed (and followed) your work. I am sure you know you aren’t the only one having this bitch of a problem, and it gets so frustrating when you’ve just uploaded your file and even more frustrating when you realize that Envato has people to take care of pirated files and yet, you are the one who discovers it!

Anyway, it’s your call but we’ll miss you here.

(Check this out to get some laughs :))

4247 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

I was scolded by my girlfriend. She said, “YOU DID WHAAATT !!?? YOU BETTER NOT HAVE !!” She said that when I told here I deleted my files, because we need the source of income. GOSH ! Why can’t girlfriends just let us men do what we need to, without getting all up in our grills about it? If it wasn’t for her…. I’d be making my own progress doing something else by now.

She’s telling me to get my ”@SS” back on here and sell what I can. Here were her exact words.

“You are the biggest dumb ass I know! Fine, if you want to do that, then go get a job out in this economy. Go ahead, Dumb ass! See? Now if you don’t appreciate the opportunity you have with doing what you love, then you should just stop complaining all together about it!” And that is when I tried to stand up for my decision, but she got me again saying, “Ben! I’m leaving and I’m taking our child if you don’t get back on that site and sell your files. I’ll divorce you before we even get married! If you don’t want a job where you can love what you do, then you must not love me enough to make me happy spending your money!”

So… with that in mind, I have a big decision to make. Oh, and my mom gave me a dirty, disappointed look when I told her about it. What to do, what to do… ? Women!!

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

So… with that in mind, I have a big decision to make. Oh, and my mom gave me a dirty, disappointed look when I told her about it. What to do, what to do… ? Women!!
that depends on how much you plan to not having sex.
so you can do what she said right now, or you can do it later

being married, i suggest you to do it asap.
4247 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

Yeah, I suppose. But I’m not married yet.

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Hooo Ben Ben Ben Ben ,so now you enter in to the Women discussion territory well i disagree with Bit of course, sex has nothing to do with it as i am sure that take will always be available for you ,Bit statement view is from someone who has been married from the day he remember himself and that’s very boring.

For me it’s just me and my little daughter her mom past away few years back and i never got married like you child or no child , but i think what drive you (now i do my Sigmund Freud analyze) is the emotional side ,I suggest you dump your emotional side and start listing to your woman logic start upload again and forget that glitch emotional statement you have saying i am leaving this place .

But this disturbs me saying “Ben! I’m leaving and I’m taking our child if you don’t get back on that site and sell your files. I’ll divorce you before we even get married! If you don’t want a job where you can love what you do, then you must not love me enough to make me happy spending your money!” .

True love has no boundary,i hope that statement was from place of temporary anger. Last advise don’t get married cos` its comfortable or the free sex like Bit state ,if there is no true love there just say F…it and do your thing ……

5857 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

It is always better to discuss only positive things with family members. If you had to convey all these random movements to others… hmm, actually it looks weird for even co-authors and surely family members can’t digest easily. If your girlfriend afraids that you may not care about child, it is understandable, you are prone to do unnecessary damage to yourself. (Remember, not only this time but you had different reasons to delete your files in the past too)

When I hear you and danchev emphasize about deletion of files (it can be done without conveying, why emphasize to everyone? ), I felt few more guys entering to the zone some thing like suicide attack, which is ugliest way to show the reluctance. I know you may not want to see it this way but I have to say that as family members can see that way only.

Forget the past and take the responsibility of facing the same challenge every web developers facing. Accept the little negatives and focus on facing real problems such as shaping the self to fit with changing industry. Please no more stones thrown towards others while half of the problem exists within self.

3748 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Ben goes off-topic. Life goes back to normal.

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by