3213 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

When you buy an item you can rate it on the downloads tab in your account page. :)

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Yeah! That’s a great idea. Do that. If you really want to try it out, buy one of my files and rate it. :) I’m just kidding.

Peace out funky fresh.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ADamselinDesign says

As someone who strictly buys from FlashDen and AudioJungle and isn’t a contributor the rating system is irrelevant to me when searching for files.

I first go by the title and then read the creators description. If it sounds like something that fits my current project I give it a listen.

I honestly never pay attention to the ratings.

So, just a little suggestion from a buyer’s point of view… focus more on the titles and the descriptions and the ratings are just extra fluff.

So far it seems I end up buying mostly ADG3studios’s files. His titles and descriptions are spot on for the file and that helps me make faster decisions.

+14 more

Hmm CLJ , That is an interesting perspective from you as a buyer.. I hadn’t quite thought of it that way.. I’m sure it will be duly considered by staff :)

And thank you very much for the kind words and support, but in all honesty from what I have heard there also innumerable compositions of amazing quality from many of our other friends here 8)

With a little bit of seeking they might make themselves heard too.

It’s true though, that I’ve always put additional thought into my descriptions so I’m happy to know that has helped..

Cheers :)

130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
AudioQuattro says

hey guys!

sorry that i bring this one up again, but just a few thoughts on the rating system. as a newbie on AJ i just got my first ratings. the first buyer (who rated one of the tracks) gave me 5 stars. after the next sale i found my average rating down to 4, so i guess this buyer gave me 3 stars (right so far?). i´m not complaining about that, but after thinking a while about that rating system i found it quite strange that somebody would rate a file he bought on AJ with 3 stars or even only 1! i see the point regarding flash files as vaisnava explained earlier in this thread, but music? why would anybody buy an audio track/loop which he was able to prelisten and rate it with only – let´s say – 2 stars? there are about 4000 tracks on AJ and i found so much good and inspiring music on here. if i had to purchase a track for any project, i sure would buy one which i best would rate with 10 stars. and any technical issue should not affect the rating as i am sure any composer/author as well as the great AJ team is willing to help the client.

by the way: thanks AJ for featuring one of my files:)

4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

You make a pretty valid point there. What you hear is what you get. Not sure how a rating could be low if they heard the track in advance. If they were unhappy with the track, they could have just bought a different one they were happy with.

Heh, weird, maybe it was something they liked at first, and then after using it or hearing it a bit more, they thought/felt differently.

+14 more
Heh, weird, maybe it was something they liked at first, and then after using it or hearing it a bit more, they thought/felt differently.

I think that’s what it is sometimes… people’s feelings change after the fact.. Has happened a number of times to me..

.. oh and congrats on the feature Quattro! ;)

74 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
ThinkingDiesel says

IMHO the rating system on AJ is not needed. However I understand that the Envato network is trying to keep it similar across each site to make it easier to keep track of whats happening.

I think if the rating system were to be removed on AJ no problems would occur at all as PREVIEWING a file and the COMMENTS sections both speak for themselves.

And if you don’t like a file, don’t download it!

If you find something wrong with the file after you download it, then pop a constructive comment on that page. Simple.

22 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Belarus
+2 more
R-Mafi says

It agree, that the system of an estimation is not so successful for AJ. Recently had an opportunity to be with a rating in 5 stars. Recently the rating has fallen up to 4 stars. Has checked up all files and comments, and has not understood why the rating has decreased. Probably in the future developers will consider our wishes :)

by
by
by
by
by
by