• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
mediaconcierge says

Hi envatos.

Unfortunately I noticed that since a week or more , most of the new/recently added items here on GR (some are really awesome) have 0 purchases… :( What do you think about it ?

128 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Belgium
GeertDD says

It happens to everybody, I guess. Some of my better files, in my personal opinion, have been sold less than others. Can’t really explain how and why.

You could create a collection called “Hidden Treasures” or something for awesome files with less than, say, five sales. :-)

284 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+2 more
mr_Necturus says

Is it any relation with situation where the work submitted for approval shall not be considered already during 4 days? Or these processes don’t depend each other?

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
graphic4444 says

well at least I’ve been still buying…. sales are really slow everywhere w/the economy I guess.. agree some super files here

1125 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
hansv says

I have actually been selling more on this months…

Some of those great files you are talking about, dfs, might just not be what a buyer is looking for right now.

Some files are bought almost instantly and a lot because of their usability….

Others are great files but just too specific and therefore buyers will buy, when they come across a project that needs that.

For example my item “Cassettes”... In my opinion is a great file, but there are not many uses for it, I guess…. you do not need that often the design of a cassette nowadays…. You would use it on specific projects….. like retro projects…..

157 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
MahmoudDeiab says

What do you guys think about this design ?? I think it’s nice, like it’s only for 4$, it contains 8 different colors :

http://graphicriver.net/item/sleek-business-card/64055

Do you think it’s not what customers are looking for ??

60 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PeterPap says
What do you guys think about this design ?? I think it’s nice, like it’s only for 4$, it contains 8 different colors :

I think the design is cool, the only problem is the market is flooded with Business Cards, so they are hard to sell, good luck anyway.

Cheers Peter

157 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
MahmoudDeiab says

I think the design is cool, the only problem is the market is flooded with Business Cards, so they are hard to sell, good luck anyway.

Cheers Peter

Thanks a lot :) Good luck to you too :)

1173 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Motionreactor says

I think the key to successful sales is definitely in the usefulness of your file first and foremost. What I find is often neglected is the presentation of items. A lot of authors seems to name, describe and tag their items without much of a thought for how buyers may actually search the site.

I am beginning to think very carefully before I name a file (name seems to have a strong weight in the search results). Names must make sense. Eg, a bright yellow business card is going to be easier or harder to find depending on its name. “Sunset Dreaming Business Card” is much less likely to be what someone is searching for, rather “Bright Colourful Business Card” is more likely to yield results.

548 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Bebel says

In the earlier days of graphicriver you had much more exposure on the frontpage as there weren’t many new items everyday. Because of that I agree with Motionreactor: You should take care for your success in the long run by choosing names, tags etc. wisely.

Good files often get lost in the huge amount of new files every day.

I would love envato to give some more information on where buyers come from and what they are looking for (keywords) but that’s a discussion we had over and over again ;-)

cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by