+1 for above list + 1 for below
Due to floods of creative and functional themes, buyers are waiting for one more day..one more day to meet their expectations on purchasing themes (not all buyers ). We need to think about no of theme releases.
Perhaps a good step forward would be to set up something similar to http://wordpress.org/ideas/ to centralize and keep track of buyers/author suggestions.
A system like that would stop some forum threads from becoming infinitely long and good suggestions getting lost in the depths forever
Perhaps a good step forward would be to set up something similar to http://wordpress.org/ideas/ to centralize and keep track of buyers/author suggestions. A system like that would stop some forum threads from becoming infinitely long and good suggestions getting lost in the depths forever
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Exclusive Author
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
Yes! Good news.
- Shopping cart please
- Opt in option for GPL 100% / exclusivity – per item
Here’s my list fwiw:
- Improve things – don’t just change them.
- Regain the trust of your users (both buyers and authors)
- Stop trying to cross promote everything, it looks all google up in here
- Focus on quality, not just quantity
- Go back to being an approachable company, not a corporation
- Get this site up to basic standards of 2014 – that’s a huge list
- Make better decisions as a CEO in whom you put power
- Listen to your users
- Act quicker on some ideas
- Act slower on other ideas
- Stop breaking the sites functions and just improve them
- Get this community back together by creating a more level playing field for all addressing exposure concerns by redeveloping the site to become more search orientated rather than posters of new and best selling only
- Encourage updates to items by either adding focus on updates or reducing focus on new / best sellers – right now there is NO incentive for authors to make massive updates to files
- This list could go on for ever
- Stop making lists and start action
- You’re not reading this anymore are you?
All the very best in your transition Collis, sorry it came to you having to come back down the ladder, but in all honesty it’s your puppy, your decisions that got us here, and your decisions will set the future – with great power comes great responsibility as they say, and the CEO is ultimately responsible for steering the ship.Jonathan
Yes, I’ve been posting about exposure times recently, and it seems to be getting worse by the day! I think I wouldn’t even be that frustrated, if half of the themes weren’t the same. I mean, look at all these one-page parallax and multipurpose themes flooding the market; it’s getting ridiculous for goodness’ sake!
Calm down guys.
This only shows how desperate the situation became. You don’t see every day so many elite authors replying to forum topics. At the time I joined, I barely saw elite authors active on the forums, but with the recent topics, one of three replies is from one author that has at least 1,500-2,000 sales. Stuff’s going on!Let’s hope for the best and let’s focus on creating good items while letting Collis handling the things we complained about!
Funny thing is that everybody is talking like FINALLY things will change. Doesn’t seem that way.
Last night 16 Wordpress themes got in! That would be a good place to start CHANGING.
Welcome back Collis!
Welcome back Collis.
I trust you are ready to make the marketplaces better as per our (authors) suggestions as soon as possible.