• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
DarkSunz says

Hey everyone!

A buddy of mine and I were considering updating our AWESOME (read lame) blog. We currently have a wordpress theme (from Themeforest, dont worry!) which is powering our website and were looking to install a new one. Problem is we don’t know how to setup the new theme without confusing all our readers. Basically what I’m asking is, what is the best way to set up a new theme while your readers see your old theme. We want to be able “launch” our new look/redesign after everything is setup. Thanks guys!

Regards, Raj Kuchibhotla (aka Darksunz)

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
UBLThemes says

Hey everyone!

A buddy of mine and I were considering updating our AWESOME (read lame) blog. We currently have a wordpress theme (from Themeforest, dont worry!) which is powering our website and were looking to install a new one. Problem is we don’t know how to setup the new theme without confusing all our readers. Basically what I’m asking is, what is the best way to set up a new theme while your readers see your old theme. We want to be able “launch” our new look/redesign after everything is setup. Thanks guys!

Regards, Raj Kuchibhotla (aka Darksunz)

Setup a beta and do everything on there and then transfer data using the xml import and then quickly install the theme, this way your site only looks bad for a few seconds.

285 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
DarkSunz says

Pardon my noob-ness, what do you mean setup a beta?

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
UBLThemes says

Pardon my noob-ness, what do you mean setup a beta?

Setup a demo site and then populate it using xml import, then do your changes and then send it back to your old site.

285 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
DarkSunz says

Ah! Got it, I had a hunch that’s what you meant, but you never know the lingo around these woods (pun intended) . That being said, I’m assuming there is no super cool futuristic tool to make the transition effortless. I’m surprised there isn’t such a thing available yet (hmmm..). I’m assuming the process applies if I were to put it into some kind of “construction” mode?

by
by
by
by
by
by