76 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
displayinline says

I recently had a somewhat negative comment about one of my items, saying “major problem with this template”, whereas it was only a minor bug showing only in Chrome, moreover related to a bug of the browser.

The problem is that this comment is the first one on the last page of comments, which is displayed by default, and since them, I noticed a drop of about 30% in sales. I replied to the comment with an easy solution, but I don’t know if buyers take the time to read the full thread…

Did it happen to you? What would you do then?

I could report the comment, but I don’t want to look like I’m trying to filter comments, and also it may help other buyers to get rid of this “bug”, so I don’t know what to do.

And waiting for the comments to fill up to a new page seems to take forever… :stress:

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

I added a comment to help you out, but honestly, 888 sales and you are worried about that? Really? Relax.

2600 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

I added a comment to help you out, but honestly, 888 sales and you are worried about that? Really? Relax.

When you’re doing this for a living, and 888 sales pay the rent, but the following 350 sales partially contribute to what you’re supposed to eat for the next month, YOU ’d be worried about that as well, really! :) (not implying that displayinline lives mainly off of envato profits, but if I would have that many sales on a single theme, I would certainly consider it, and once in that posture, the above point of view is pretty plausible.)

76 posts
+4 more
displayinline says

That’s the point: it’s not much having low sales that bothers me, rather having some potential buyers go away because of one single bad comment.

3197 posts
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

When you’re doing this for a living, and 888 sales pay the rent, but the following 350 sales partially contribute to what you’re supposed to eat for the next month, YOU ’d be worried about that as well, really! :) (not implying that displayinline lives mainly off of envato profits, but if I would have that many sales on a single theme, I would certainly consider it, and once in that posture, the above point of view is pretty plausible.)

With all do respect, I’m sure he’s not having food problems. I’d appreciate next time you don’t try making me sound like an ass, by providing life lessons which have no relevance to the case. Have a good one!

That’s the point: it’s not much having low sales that bothers me, rather having some potential buyers go away because of one single bad comment.

That was the intention of my post, to calm you down and say not to worry, the comment will not harm you and soon enough it won’t be on the top page. Good luck.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Report the comments and ahve it removed. :) That is what i did and the guy just went balistic and reported all the themes comments and he was kicked out. Theere is no horrible theme here. They were reviewed, there are only people who do not allow you to help them out.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
gbs says

I must say the design is great, and don’t be afraid, sales will find their way back very very soon because this one is awesome :D

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

Report the comments and ahve it removed. :) That is what i did and the guy just went balistic and reported all the themes comments and he was kicked out. Theere is no horrible theme here. They were reviewed, there are only people who do not allow you to help them out.

+1

Adding to what contrastblack said, a 30% drop in sales in such a condition is a drastic decrease. Also these comments can put down an author’s overall reputation. While you may say that a single comment won’t do much harm but it can drive off some of those who might be looking to buy it.

@displayinline: Beautiful skin BTW .

3197 posts
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

Adding to what contrastblack said, a 30% drop in sales in such a condition is a drastic decrease. Also these comments can put down an author’s overall reputation. While you may say that a single comment won’t do much harm but it can drive off some of those who might be looking to buy it.

Guys, what is it with all these righteous stories and feedback today? He clearly replied to the comment, and the author who posted it answered back with a positive comment!

Maybe if you guys took the time to read it you would all see what actually happened and the reality of the situation.

Wow, so much negativity here.

76 posts
+4 more
displayinline says

@greedybrown and @Raincutter Thanks!

To everyone: just relax, I was only asking for advices on what to do in such case.

by
by
by
by
by
by