4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says
And waiting for the comments to fill up to a new page seems to take forever… :stress:

let me help you with that :)

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Raincutter says

I added a comment to help you out, but honestly, 888 sales and you are worried about that? Really? Relax.
Adding to what contrastblack said, a 30% drop in sales in such a condition is a drastic decrease. Also these comments can put down an author’s overall reputation. While you may say that a single comment won’t do much harm but it can drive off some of those who might be looking to buy it.

Guys, what is it with all these righteous stories and feedback today? He clearly replied to the comment, and the author who posted it answered back with a positive comment!

Maybe if you guys took the time to read it you would all see what actually happened and the reality of the situation.

Wow, so much negativity here.

Relax mate. You’re taking it roughly I guess. We’re just discussing. My reply was for that part BTW : ‘888 sales and you are worried about that?’ Relax and chill out, mate. :)

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

Post some feedback. Let’s help our fellow Author. He knows best what’s happening to his file. :)

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says

Yes Raincutter, no worries. 888 sales proves that the item is excellent and a comment, which, by the way, was answered and solved will not be a problem and certainly was not the sole responsible for 30% sales drop. That’s all. Unfortunately, text only, can be misinterpreted.

76 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
displayinline says

Post some feedback. Let’s help our fellow Author. He knows best what’s happening to his file. :)

Thanks a lot! :)

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

Yes Raincutter, no worries. 888 sales proves that the item is excellent and a comment, which, by the way, was answered and solved will not be a problem and certainly was not the sole responsible for 30% sales drop. That’s all. Unfortunately, text only, can be misinterpreted.

Bad comments do affect sales. Sometimes people don’t read descriptions and post something that is written there confusing other buyers. One sees the description, and then sees the comment. There are a lot of things that can affect your sales. From my tiny experience as an author, comments are as important to be positive as anything! :)

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says

Bad comments do affect sales. Sometimes people don’t read descriptions and post something that is written there confusing other buyers. One sees the description, and then sees the comment. There are a lot of things that can affect your sales. From my tiny experience as an author, comments are as important to be positive as anything! :)

Of course, I agree. My point is that the comment he is referring to was answered once again by the original poster, sorting out the situation. That’s all. So I told him to relax. Is is that hard to understand?

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

Of course, I agree. My point is that the comment he is referring to was answered once again by the original poster, sorting out the situation. That’s all. So I told him to relax. Is is that hard to understand?

Sarcasms are not required thanks :P I was just getting my point of view out :) I do agree with you :P

1242 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Colombia
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
CarlosViloria says

Agree with you, for example, I always placed the minimum version to use the file, either in the preview or the description and yet they don’t read, and then come barren that I’m a crook or Bummer or the file is very bad, etc.

I always try to remain calm and luckily there is a button “report” :bigevilgrin:

1242 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Colombia
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
CarlosViloria says