266 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
corrella says

What do you do if you get such comments? “nice but it makes me mad that the images are not included wtf that sucks… i dont have time or the cash to find the images and put them in there like you had it… sucks”

386 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
krafti says

haha never had before :)

what i would do… dont take it personal and try to improve your files, maybe with a guide where to find and how to put great pictures in your work. i think i could be frustrating for a user who is not able to edit a file in this way the preview shows it.

35 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
simon-cpx says

Well, you can never stop someone from writing a rude or mad comment. But you can make sure, that you are not so, in your reply. This makes you serious, and i’d think most readers of the comments, can tell by his language, that he is not very serious.

I always make sure to clearly state in my item descriptions, that images are not included. For copyright reasons, they can’t be. But I always also include the direct links to all images used, and where to buy them. This I hope, helps buyers along to an easy edit of the item, if they like the images used.

So besides making sure your item clearly shows what included – and whats not included, you can probably not do much more, than to politely supply links and helpful advice.

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

I had one guy, which I reported and was removed:

Buyer: TERRIBLE PRODUCT ! Why do you say the fonts are FREE when they are NOT FREE ! Thoroughly disappointed! DO NOT BUY THIS TEMPLATE

Me: The font is free, it’s from Fontsquirrel, a site that only lists free and commercial use fonts.

Buyer: You have to enter your email to get the download, that is NOT FREE !

Me: Srsly… :impatient:

1844 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Well, you can never stop someone from writing a rude or mad comment. But you can make sure, that you are not so, in your reply. This makes you serious, and i’d think most readers of the comments, can tell by his language, that he is not very serious.

I always make sure to clearly state in my item descriptions, that images are not included. For copyright reasons, they can’t be. But I always also include the direct links to all images used, and where to buy them. This I hope, helps buyers along to an easy edit of the item, if they like the images used.

So besides making sure your item clearly shows what included – and whats not included, you can probably not do much more, than to politely supply links and helpful advice.

^^ I agree. Mention in Bold that images are not included with the download.

266 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+7 more
corrella says

Thanks for your comments and your suggestions. Under each preview image I write, that images are NOT included, but that seems to be not enough. I never had such a comment before and I have to say, that all users and buyers have been very kind and polite before. This was the first one :-) And I think you are right. I have to put in links to the images I’ve used.

@ quickandeasy: I think this man is beyond help :-)

1373 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Nah… you cant’t do too much things here. You are a designer and not a psychiatrist.

689 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

I got this comment in 1 of my files, i dont even understand what he says and he rated my file 1 or 2 stars :(

“Why does not the signage itself? What color is only banner? Where the Signage”

924 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

I got this comment in 1 of my files, i dont even understand what he says and he rated my file 1 or 2 stars :( “Why does not the signage itself? What color is only banner? Where the Signage”

HAHAAhhahahaa… (my warped sense of humor).

924 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

Nah… you cant’t do too much things here. You are a designer and not a psychiatrist.

+1. Although it seems to me that supplying successful designs involves a fairly good knowledge of psychology. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by