36 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SonnyCooL says

seem like i having bad luck with theme forest, should i stop using theme forest ? bad luck start here : 1. Make deposit to theme forest via skrill, Their conversion way for me MYR->Euro->USD->Euro-MYR->EURO->USD finally reach envanto but USD 140 become USD 100 just because of conversion.

2. Buy theme, go to support forum, get insult by support forum staff, i voice out in the forum then get ban from the forum, theme can’t be use now cause plenty of bug and no refund.

3. Second theme, very poor coded and worst developer, couple update in a week time due to bug, worst i can’t even use wordpress post article to post youtube or image, cause that will break the theme ….. even simple posting like youtube link, i need to use custom page builder+ setup than couple more click just to post youtube or image, when question developer, i get this answer ” the theme is build like this, we can’t do any change, you have no choice must use page builder else don’t post any article or page”

4. None of any support ticket send to envanto is reply with answer ….

should i continue use theme forest ??

3885 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Sorry to hear you are having issues:

- Unfortunately envato has no control over Skrill or what their payment system does

- Unfortunately support is not mandatory from any author. Them being rude may be down to a language barrier but I do not think it reflects on the great service offered by most authors here.

- Refunds have nothing to do with author support forums. If you feel it is genuinely broken then you contact envato support with an explanation and when they have checked it they can give you a refund.
Please note the page builder being the default method of construction IS NOT grounds for a refund.

-Support from Envato can take up to a few days to reply and you can try tweeting them to see if it helps

All in all it is with deep regret that you have had such a bad experience but please bear in mind that a degree of it is beyond Envato control and does not reflect the majority who offer outstanding service.

36 posts
  • Located in Australia
SonnyCooL says

yes i agree support forum is not mandatory but current theme concept and features, without support forum the theme is useless for most user (not those advance user, but possible they hours to discover how it work too) ...... But when they put 5 star support forum at sales page, i think that should be different story, this is what they claim and offer, we buy because of that … else i won’t bother on it, no point waste days to discover how the theme work and another few day to make it work …. time is more higher value now …..

btw when they promise it does work with wpms, but result turn out different, can i call for refund too ….

skril that is one huge nightmare, envanto should't use them anymore, if envanto take out paypal, i definitely not going to make any deposit .... skril calculation and tactic is way worst than any Merchant ........... :)
3885 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

As far as Skrill goes I agree its a pain in the butt BUT still a powerful merchant in certain parts of the world where PayPal is more of a problem.

You are entitled to a refund IF the theme does not operate as advertised. If it says in the description that it supports WPMS and it does not then yes I imagine you would be entitled to a refund. I suggest you email support and give them time to check it, just be aware that misunderstanding is not grounds for refunds but if as you say it is genuinely broken then you will be fine.

As far as support and understanding the them goes. Again I agree people should not advertise top support if that is not the case but at the same time (situation dependent) we have to be aware that support is not required; that circumstances can make support difficult at times; not every “support” that people ask for is actually that and in some cases is more of a customisation; most of all buyers are receiving a full theme for $50 or less which is incredible value. As long as it functions as it is advertised to do so it is not the responsibility of the author to tutor people how to use WP or the theme. Of course different themes operate differently and taking a few days to learn how one works is a small price to pay for such a bargain price. There is also the documentation which most likely explains a lot of it; and while yes “time is higher value now” , we need to remember how “higher value” a custom theme is and the “time” that goes into creating these files.

None of those comments are aimed at your situation and it is still unfortunate that you are having difficulties but we have to be reasonable to the majority of authors, as nothing forces people to buy from here and without their great work the opportunity to get generally great products for a tiny fraction of the normal cost would not be available. Good luck resolving your issue

36 posts
  • Located in Australia
SonnyCooL says

No worry mate …. i piss cause of insult from support forum (not only once), but when i pointed out with sarcastic tone and i get permanent ban, than i make noise in their comment section, you can see how they react, all issue is pointed at me none of them mention or any single word about their rude customer support who started it (google search, found out some ppl also having same issue like me) No worry i understand how difficult to build and value of a theme, but sometime thing get in to personal, is difficult to be calm …. :)

2206 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

Sorry for your troubles mate, honestly a lot of people that buy files do not do good enough research before they buy. So the number one thing buyers should do is research before they buy.

Also if the author is not getting back to you or talking to you with no respect then you have the choice to not buy from them. There are many talented people here. Personally i have never had any problems with either being a buyer or being an author. I always help out my customers to the best of my ability because i want them to come back the next time they are planing to purchase items. I also like to help to make their time more enjoyable and faster with my files when they work on them.

As far as i know support in not mandatory but authors can offer it. As i said man there are lots of fish in the see so don’t get hooked on the first one. Cheers

Lester

1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Sorry about your troubles. Questions regarding refund you can send ticket to Support and be patient to wait because they are slow, but they would get to your problem. Author support is not mandatory but I think at least for simple request they’d help you. And if you don’t get any support from author then there’s another solution, to hire a freelancer here to get things done for you :)

14 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
gcrick says

SonnyCooL,

This is what worries me.

We’re a fairly small web design studio and have a handful of themes we’re developing and are considering whether ThemeForest is the right route for us to sell or not.

Plenty of reasons for (market penetrations = potential quick bucks) and against (brand dilution, inconsistent user experience).

So thanks SonnyCooL for your honest review of your experiences ill add it to the ‘against’ pile for now.

I just need to work out what is important to me…

7763 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

So thanks SonnyCooL for your honest review of your experiences ill add it to the ‘against’ pile for now.

Maybe we should keep a little doubt. SonnyCooL had some issue with a payment provider. envato has nothing to do with this.

SonnyCooL had issue with the theme creator. Can happen. We don’t know who is on the wrong side but as an author if a buyer use a certain type of language or behavior I will cut communication with him. Fortunately I found no abusive buyers till now, but my rule is: I can help you for free if I have time, but if you think I’m obligated to do it just because you bought the item, then you are out.

Now SonnyCooL contacted envato support and if his problem is genuine they will help him fix the issue or they will give a refund.

So, overall, you can publish your items here or not but I don’t see nothing here that creates some bad image for the marketplace that you need to fill your “against” pile with.

14 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
gcrick says

Maybe we should keep a little doubt. SonnyCooL had some issue with a payment provider. envato has nothing to do with this.

SonnyCooL had issue with the theme creator. Can happen. We don’t know who is on the wrong side but as an author if a buyer use a certain type of language or behavior I will cut communication with him. Fortunately I found no abusive buyers till now, but my rule is: I can help you for free if I have time, but if you think I’m obligated to do it just because you bought the item, then you are out.

Now SonnyCooL contacted envato support and if his problem is genuine they will help him fix the issue or they will give a refund.

So, overall, you can publish your items here or not but I don’t see nothing here that creates some bad image for the marketplace that you need to fill your “against” pile with.

And this joins the ‘for’ pile – I’ve never found a community that is so embracing of others, so willing to help and go way above and beyond.

It’s more considering ‘marketplaces’ in general and not necessarily ThemeForest – it’s loosing that control that worries me.

And for what it’s worth, I’ve had clients that I’ve reimbursed their deposit on a web design job because of their attitude so total agree doru, totally.

by
by
by
by
by
by