• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

The problem with support is no two buyers see it in the exact same way. Also no two authors do it upto same level. We are speaking about completely different things using single word “support”. This is where buyers should understand that support is nothing more than a voluntary help from authors. If an author advertises the support as part of item – all confusions start.

with out support, that nearly impossible the theme with like demo or sales script …. even with full xml import, that still no way …. worst, every new update, that might crash certain part of the theme, without update, it won’t work with latest wordPress, with update that is a need for support …...

Your point is actually revolving around bug scenarios; this is not actually the typical support. Anything that prevents straightforward implementation / usage is probably a bug. If authors themselves find this, they will update or should update at least after request from buyer or Envato. Otherwise, the item will be removed from marketplaces.

A typical buggy item will get same complaints from multiple buyers. In the same way, a buyer with out-of-scope support level comes with multiple requests for single implementation. Just to give you the idea about where things differ.

34 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
SonnyCooL says

Are you for real? Impossible!? You say your are web designer but can’t make a theme look like the demo… Even with the xml file, still no way.. I am speechless.

New updates crash parts of the theme, what are you taking about?

with out support, that nearly impossible the theme with like demo or sales script …. even with full xml import, that still no way …. worst, every new update, that might crash certain part of the theme, without update, it won’t work with latest wordPress, with update that is a need for support …...

since when i said i’m designer ? even i own a few network (mostly my team doing the job), i still don’t find it easy for theme setup … New update won’t break the theme ? i bet u really try out latest theme … example, theme V1, attach revo slider plugin but request manually move to plugin folder n activate.

When come to Theme V2, Revo Slider is build in, when u update new theme, everything is automatically created and activate, it will crash all page that have revo slider in it, why ? because there is two revo slider plugin activate, without support and latest READ ME update (which most author fail to provide), u need hours to diagnosis the problem ….

This is just one example, a lot more for you to discover (if you serious with wordPress), cause every wordPress installation is unique and different (please don’t tell me, every installation is same) ....

by
by
by
by
by
by