14 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Greece
haritos says

Hello!

I have to inform that author [name/item removed – forum rules] has bad support! It takes days to answer a question made via comment or private message and when he does it the support isn’t good enough or there is a problem with the communication because probably he doesn’t speak and write English fluently.

If anyone from Envato checked this thread please take care of the problem!

3799 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Nominated Community Superstar of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

You do realize that he is not required to provide support at all right? I am sure it is frustrating but given that the author is going beyond the requirements to give up his own time to help buyers especially if there is a language barrier that makes this difficult for them then there needs to be some form of appreciation for that.

Hopefully you got your problems sorted out

950 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

You are aware that giving support is optional?

Sure, it’s good to give support but it is totally optional. It’s authors good will when he does it.

3220 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

EDIT: Got beat

1423 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

and calling out author on forum is against the forum rules.

161 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themebros says

Support is actually something authors aren’t required to offer but most do. So there’s no problem here that Envato can take care of.

Please have in mind the fact that you paid $45 for a theme (the author got about $30 but that’s not important here), which is less then most developers charge per hour (i charge $60 to $100).

I checked the item comments and saw your support request, you are asking how to make a child theme. That’s not a theme related issue, that’s basic WordPress development.

In style.css of the child theme you put.

/*
Theme Name:     Whatever You Want
Theme URI:      http://whatever.com/
Description:    Your description of the child theme.
Author:         Your name here.
Author URI:     http://whatever.com/
Template:       folder-name-of-the-parent-theme
Version:        1.0
*/

@import url("../folder-name-of-the-parent-theme/style.css");
260 posts Mad Dog
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

Entirely agree, should be removed.

308 posts Tabvn
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
tabvn says

Entirely agree, should be removed.

Total agreed!

14 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Greece
haritos says

There is a problem with the theme because i trully tried to make it but it gave me the error: “Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.”

I followed the guide that WordPress Codex gives about Child Themes and i got this error.

Otherwise, i am really sorry that i didn’t know the forum rules about the authors name. Really sorry… :depressed:

Support is actually something authors aren’t required to offer but most do. So there’s no problem here that Envato can take care of.

Please have in mind the fact that you paid $45 for a theme (the author got about $30 but that’s not important here), which is less then most developers charge per hour (i charge $60 to $100).

I checked the item comments and saw your support request, you are asking how to make a child theme. That’s not a theme related issue, that’s basic WordPress development.

In style.css of the child theme you put.

/*
Theme Name:     Whatever You Want
Theme URI:      http://whatever.com/
Description:    Your description of the child theme.
Author:         Your name here.
Author URI:     http://whatever.com/
Template:       folder-name-of-the-parent-theme
Version:        1.0
*/

@import url("../folder-name-of-the-parent-theme/style.css");
161 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themebros says

There is a problem with the theme because i trully tried to make it but it gave me the error: “Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.” I followed the guide that WordPress Codex gives about Child Themes and i got this error.

Make sure the Template part in the child theme’s style.css has the same name as the folder of the parent theme. If it doesn’t then it will target a theme that doesn’t exist and show you the error you got.

I believe the folder name is “cherry” for the theme you have.

by
by
by
by
by
by