14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
haritos says

Thank you themebros,

I will check if it works.. Can i ask you something else? If an update is made and i have a child theme can i update it? Is any problem with the updated php files if i make changes on them?

There is a problem with the theme because i trully tried to make it but it gave me the error: “Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.” I followed the guide that WordPress Codex gives about Child Themes and i got this error.

Make sure the Template part in the child theme’s style.css has the same name as the folder of the parent theme. If it doesn’t then it will target a theme that doesn’t exist and show you the error you got.

I believe the folder name is “cherry” for the theme you have.
161 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themebros says

As long as you do the changes within the child theme you don’t have to worry much about updates unless the author completely rewrites the theme, but that happens very rarely.

Just don’t modify the original theme unless you really have to, and if you really have to, then make sure to remember what you did before updating so you can make the modifications on the new version as well.

1694 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Thank you themebros,

I will check if it works.. Can i ask you something else? If an update is made and i have a child theme can i update it? Is any problem with the updated php files if i make changes on them?

If you are a newbie with WP, this is not a place to get started. This is a marketplace with relatively strict rules. Next time you purchase a theme, make sure you have the minimum wp knowledge and read the marketplace rules.

Good day.

406 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Nepal
+3 more
RelStudios says

Thank you themebros,

If you are a newbie with WP, this is not a place to get started. This is a marketplace with relatively strict rules. Next time you purchase a theme, make sure you have the minimum wp knowledge and read the marketplace rules.

Good day.

+1 bro ;)

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
M-Theme says

Thank you themebros,

Good day.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by