What’s this:

192 posts
  • Located in Asia/Pacific Region
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
huykhong says

Same question. I’m posting a similiar thread but found this thread.

3185 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

I’ve had a few of those, someone explained it once but I cannot remember… something to do with bugs in the referral system? (have requested staff reply)

"2012-09-10 10:34:08 +1000","Manual Adjustment","Referral","","-18.60","","","" 
"2012-10-09 13:44:13 +1100","Manual Adjustment","Referral","","-18.60","","","" 
"2012-12-11 11:35:33 +1100","Manual Adjustment","Referral","","-30.00","","","" 
"2013-03-12 11:41:50 +1100","Manual Adjustment","Referral","","-15.00","","","" 
"2013-04-10 12:31:37 +1000","Manual Adjustment","Referral","","-17.10","","","" 
3185 posts
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Not an official reply, but looking back at my statements it seems the referred users no longer exist on the marketplace. This makes me think the referred users may have been banned for some reason (illegal purchase maybe?), so their referral cut was taken back.

816 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
Dream-Theme says

Not an official reply, but looking back at my statements it seems the referred users no longer exist on the marketplace. This makes me think the referred users may have been banned for some reason (illegal purchase maybe?), so their referral cut was taken back.

Thanks for explaining.

Sounds weird though: such mechanism sounds logical in case author purchases his own items using a referral link to boost his sales number/rating. But we’re not doing such things.

281 posts Envato Market Support
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+7 more
MhW Envato team says

Good morning guys!

Similar to a Sales Reversal, the manual adjustments you’re seeing occur when a user (you referred) makes an unauthorised purchase and the payment is charged back by the Card Issuer or PayPal.

The deduction is a claw-back of the affiliate earnings you made from the unauthorised purchase. We always send an email to the account holder to let you know about the adjustment.

Happy to answer any questions :grin:

Christian

7794 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Sounds weird though: such mechanism sounds logical in case author purchases his own items using a referral link to boost his sales number/rating. But we’re not doing such things.

no, is for sales reversals. envato takes the item author cut back and looks they take the referral cut also which make sense from a theoretical point of view but is not a nice move for a multimillion dollar company.

I’m pretty sure they can support this scams attempts, they generate enough revenue to cover this situation without throwing this on authors back. Is also quite envato “fault” because is their store. If a thief enters in your store means you have not enough security. Why is my fault, then?

This sale reversal situation is one of the main points where the authors community had lost a bit of unity with the company. Each time there are some changes that have some issues, authors are less forgiving. And maybe envato should stop a think about why this change happened.

3185 posts
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Thanks for the clarification Christian!

It’s the referral portion of a Sales Reversal.

Locking this up.

by
by
by
by
by
by