2024 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

Hey guys, Sorry, there was a minor miscommunication on our end. We’re doing some in-depth research to see how effective the BB actually is on each marketplace. Does it really help kickstart lesser known, but good files? Do the authors end up making more money? Does it drive people to other portfolio items? Do buyers actually go to the BB or are they just finding cheap files by sorting by price? Unfortunately, some got shut down a little early. We’ll bring them back for now, but there’s a good chance we’ll be dropping this program on at least some of the sites in the near future. Either way, we’ll keep the community informed.

What about these:

http://themeforest.net/collections/533288-bargain-basement
http://themeforest.net/collections/424881-bargain-basement
611 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Basspartout says

It’s been argued several times that the bargain basement is helping new authors getting more exposure. Although this might be true for some, I still stand by my first comment here in the thread to abandon the bargain basement. Gaining exposure as the main argument for the bb still doesnt feel right to me. It would be much better to introduce a “top new files” category, like proposed by randomnoise in this thread: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/top-new-files-category/62427
I really think that it would not only benefit new authors or the authors in general, but also the marketplace itself. Why?
It would be an great place for buyers and new customers to come to and check regularly for NEW items. The frontpage with its huge stream of new tracks is too overwhelming and confusing for this while the “popular files” category only tends to cement itself, like randomnoise correctly pointed out.

1003 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

@basspartout: +1 Yep, completely and utterly agree.

After spending nearly a month here now and understanding the mechanics of how all this works, I totally believe a ‘Top New Files’ category should be standard.

386 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
DamianN says

Looks like everything is OK now, but I added one file to BB about one month ago, still nothing happens :( Anybody got same problem?

377 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
BigBouncyBright says

Looks like everything is OK now, but I added one file to BB about one month ago, still nothing happens :( Anybody got same problem?
I offered 3 items, but none of them was choosen for bargain base this month
9 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
AtiX says

For me the Bargains Basement worked very good for a period of 3 months. I have made a lot of sales not only with the file from Bargain Basement but also from others our items. This month we do have submitted an item for an half price and we are making not so much sales for our old WordPress themes and HTML templates.

53 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
-ilove2design- says

I hope your bring it back! For me as a smaller author it was a nice tool that really helped me :)

by
by
by
by
by
by