293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Sorry if this is obvious to others, I couldn’t really get a clear picture from the upload wiki and didn’t find my answer in a quick scour of the forums. I’m close to the point now where I’m thinking about creating music packs.

Here’s what I’m fuzzy on:

How do you deal with a pack of music items, when each item may contain multiple variations (i.e. full version, 30 sec version, looped version, etc.)? Since the music pack must be made of already existing items, can/must you include all of those variations? And if so, are those variations still considered as one single item in the pack (regarding the 10 item limit)? Do they also count up towards the total duration, and the maximum limit (30 min)?

For instance if I had 4 song items with 4 variations each, would that count as 16 items and be too large to make into a music pack? Or when you make a pack of your items, do you only include the full versions of the songs?

Thanks for the tips!

212 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
thepremium says

It will be considered as 4 items because you are making pack from 4 items. You can’t edit anything in those items.They should be packed all together as they are uploaded before that.

852 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
gbiasillo says

My cinematic pack contains a track which has three variations. All must be included in your music pack, and is counted as a single item with the same duration that the original has. My preview only contained the main track (i.e. non of the variations) but linked to all of the items, which I believe is mandatory.

293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Thanks for clarifying those details guys, I think I get it now. Good to know they still count as one item with the original item duration. Interesting that you don’t have to include all the variations for the music pack preview in this case.

Do you guys organize the files by subfolders in the main ZIP , or just stick em all together, designated by filename only? Or does it matter?

Gari I like how you’ve set up your music pack page with the links! However don’t you think it’d also be good to advertise that the buyer gets the extra variations for that one item (even MORE bang for buck)? It isn’t clear from your music pack description, and those unfamiliar with music packs (like me) wouldn’t know any better.

852 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Mine are just in a single folder, clearly named, but either way is fine. Thanks on description advice – I’ve gone ahead and updated it. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by