2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I gotta say that I do not think it’s the smartest move to create a thread about a competitor to be honest. If your experience with a competitor is what suits you best then why not just go there and buy from there?

I see this as the same as starting a thread saying you found copyrighted stolen products from TF at this url…..

It’s nice that you say there are benefits here, and that’s positive but really not the best forum post.

We don’t see burger king having messages about how McDonalds coffee and breakfast items are best….

just sayin’

64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Kiss_Collective says

Last time I checked, this is a free market. Not only is it warranted to compare and contrast the competition, i’d say it’s fundamental in developing an informed choice.

I’m not a Christian, but there’s a passage in the ‘good book’ that says, and I paraphrase, ‘we compare ourselves amongst ourselves’.

A sensible discussion on the matter would be beneficial to all.

But going back to my original point, I started the discussion because I noticed a tendency from users here to speak somewhat negatively of Woo. I have no vested interest in either camp, I was really just curious as to the source of that disdain.

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
I noticed a tendency from users here to speak somewhat negatively of Woo.

We don’t hate WooThemes – Woothemes is great, Themeforest is great to so what? We don’t speak negatively about them at all. We’re friends dude :) Liam McKay is one of the Marketplaces designers – Liam McKay is one of the Woothemes designers – Liam MacKay is one of the Smashing Mag designers – Adii talks about ThemeForest we talk about them. I don’t know where you saw that though.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
Last time I checked, this is a free market. Not only is it warranted to compare and contrast the competition, i’d say it’s fundamental in developing an informed choice.

I’m not a Christian, but there’s a passage in the ‘good book’ that says, and I paraphrase, ‘we compare ourselves amongst ourselves’.

A sensible discussion on the matter would be beneficial to all.

But going back to my original point, I started the discussion because I noticed a tendency from users here to speak somewhat negatively of Woo. I have no vested interest in either camp, I was really just curious as to the source of that disdain.
Aren’t you the same one who argued that ThemeForest isn’t a democracy and your rights as you view them in the real world don’t hold up here? Just curious.

Anyway, I agree with Jonathan, I just think it’s weird and a bit in bad taste to have a thread about Envatos competition, but perhaps I’m in the minority. I’m not saying you can’t, just saying I find it a little rude/suspect.

To respond to your OP, no, I have no issues with WooThemes, and I haven’t seen people around here talk negatively about them. It’s just like iPad said. There isn’t much of a reason to (talk poorly) as both have different business strategies and ideas. I like the way Envato runs it’s marketplaces and really don’t pay much attention to the other marketplaces. That’s about it.

31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jmrodgers says

The themes on ThemeForest are much better than those on Woo Themes! I have looked at Woo Themes over and over again, but I have never found anything I like. I like most, if not all of the themes here on Theme Forest and all of the authors are excellent when it comes to support!!

I think it’s weird you would even post this topic here! Your taking shots at ThemeForest in their own forum!!

Wow…that’s all I can say.

Josh

1913 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
TPN Envato team says
by
by
by