• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
+5 more
BoxyStudio says

It really hit me this month that ThemeForest could really be an excellent and legit source of income for me. I hit over $1,000 so far this month! I had submitted an HTML template in the beginning of the month, and a WordPress theme about a week ago. That’s getting close to my mortgage payment, or pays well over the two car payments our family has this month. I just couldn’t be happier!

I’m hoping to spark some hope in those that haven’t had much luck yet with template approvals, sales, etc.

What are your “great month” stories?

413 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
altinkum says

well as a costumer l would say because of great nice themes and good luck will be waiting for more nice themes ;)

342 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
reidknorr says

glad to hear that it is going great for you… imagine the possibilities if you keep adding to that! I am trying to pay for my college education by doing Web Design on the side. If I can really stay encouraged and on task themeforest could help substantially with that!

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Glad to hear it! As I said a few days ago, EVERY single month, we break sales records. That means our great authors are making more money every month!

71 posts
  • Finland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
kuimu says

Wou, that’s sweet Justin!

I think it’s about time to start making templates to TF again, had been so busy last few months.

Black paw, here I come! :D

93 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Alexhughes says

Thats pretty snazzy. Along as you keep producing great themes, shouldn’t be a problem…

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Well I have to also encourage those that either haven’t had much luck in getting something approved or that sales just haven’t happened yet – I was really looking for an avenue to earn a little extra cash on the side from my regular clients – I read Collis’ article on Freelance switch the other month about ThemeForest and thought I would give it a stab!

It took a little frustration on learning what was expected on files – but I got through it in the end, and now I know for the future so that I don’t have all those upload – decline – upload – decline. Now, I haven’t done anything near $1,000 but I can say that in the past day I earned about $100 – but that is on 1 template!!

My goal was to see if between TF and videohive I could upload a few things a month – build a library of items and “try” to get somewhere in the region of $500 p/month in my pocket – I now think this is totally plausible. I have told my daughter who is preparing for college that she should seriously consider TF etc as legitimate ways of covering some expenses – plus experience because I have to say that all the authors (and buyers also!) on this site are really approachable and helpful – make you feel part of the community – thanks for that everyone!

Another great thing about TF – purchasers contact you – not just to ask questions but to really let you know how they love your product – and, get ready for this, if you do freelance work – in the past week just shy of 15 people contacted me for rates and projects – I am happy to say that last week I gained over $600 of “extra” work – from TF!!!!!

So even though (due to regular and extra work) I haven’t had a chance to upload more stuff (my aim is to get 1 item per week on here) – I have 3 half finished designs that I can’t wait to try and get approval on ;)

Oh, and by the way – it helps if you really try to promote yourself and your work on TF – not just by offering great service, quick answers and linking products etc – but use twitter.com – send out a shoutout and ask people to view and give comments – you may be surprised how many of those following others will be a future purchaser!

Sorry for the long post but I really wanted to start a forum post along these lines yesterday, but jscheetz you beat me to it – well done and good luck to everyone with sales!

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Congratulations!

I’ve been a member here for a long time, and over that time, my experience has increased a lot, and now I just notice mistakes on earlier templates (non-submitted or rejected)

I think I can start making templates again, and for me, as a young designer, those extra bucks are very welcome :D

616 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
+4 more
Kriesi says

indeed a good month, hope it happens as Jeffrey said and we break sales records again in March ;)

34 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
janokeselak says

I’ve been selling with envato only for 5-6 weeks but I am very satisfied. With only two items in my portfolio I’ve been able to earn a reasonable amount of money. I can’t wait to upload new files.

And yes, the promotion and exposure here on TF is great. Many people have been asking me about my rates and I thanks to this I realized projects that would not get to me otherwise.

Keep up the great work guys.

by
by
by
by
by
by