45 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in United States
premiumwd says

Same spam message every rejection, and i have more features and design layouts than 80% of accepted themes. I just think themeforest is a load of crap now. Sounding like hypocritical donkeys accepting lousey work with less design and giving spam messages with no thought process to help aspiring theme makers.

Unfortunately your submission Innovate | Multi-Purpose WP Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

However, we do accept themes with similar structure but in condition it provides better quality in terms of aesthetic or features.

[bad language removed]

1774 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

and what’s the url of your template? Also I don’t think it’s going to stay ‘up’ some time, due to bad language… if you got hard rejected 10 times, it means it’s for a reason actually

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says
Well that’s no way to get a good review!

• Post a link in item discussion
  • Get lots of feedback!
  • Get a better attitude
  • Try again
264 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
Prothemeus says

Well that’s no way to get a good review!

• Post a link in item discussion
  • Get lots of feedback!
  • Get a better attitude
  • Try again

+1

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

yeah the first few times its hard, after that is a lot easier…so never give up, look at your design, ask for feedback and submit..

122 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
BrianHermelijn says

As mentioned by others this is a matter of persistence and hard work. Even the great ones got rejected more then 10 times. If you’re not patient neither confident in the work you do then it would be wise to take a step back and think why you’re feeling that way.

“A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success – Elbert Hubbard “

45 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
premiumwd says

excuse me for my frustration over the past 11 months I have actually made this theme include a lot of functionality, features, and options. I am extremely frustrated over this design review process and I am thinking of taking my business elsewhere.

I have asked for help from staff members and the main thing was typography and line-spacing, I figured I fixed that before. But I keep adding stuff to it, and I keep getting the same answer!

If the design review team want to act like robots then make an algorithm and go on vacation. Because I couldn’t tell the difference from a genuine response to actually help THE PERSON .

http://demo.premiumwd.com/?theme=innovate
30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
Frenki says

Probably not why you got rejected, but your slider is messed up. Second one is animating before first one got cleared up. Also their animations are somehow slow. Then on services, bottom accordion title is white on white background. Thats just quick look. Generaly, slider on front page takes some time to load.. Anyway I had very quick view. All in all good template, nothing unique, but could pass because of lots of customization that he offers.

814 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

I have asked for help from staff members and the main thing was typography and line-spacing, I figured I fixed that before. But I keep adding stuff to it, and I keep getting the same answer!

I can see why you’re rejected 10 times and why they repeat the same message again and again. A quick look @ homepage:

- white space issues
- type: I counted at least 3 similar sans serif fonts being used
- margin/padding inconsistencies
894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
infuse01 says

11 months on that theme? wow…

and still have issues like:

http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/?s=
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/purple-haze-nightsky/
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/blog-left-sidebar/
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/blog-style-3-left-sidebar/
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/faq/

I’m really sorry to tell you that, but this theme needs a lot of improvement in order to get accepted. Also what some of the other authors mentioned needs some reworking like spacing, typo, fonts,...

I know how frustrating a rejection can be and I’m sure many others do as well but if the reviewer doesn’t give you a short explantation what needs to be done and what not you should know that they only don’t know where to start. They “review” products, and are not teaching people webdesign principles and best practices.

I had a similar case where I tried to submit a supa-dupa-all-in-one-mega theme, but now I know that this isn’t the way to go. Extract the functionality into plugins and concentrate only on the stylings and esthetics within the theme. Less is sometimes more…

Suggestion: start over with a new design, new theme, new concept. That’s probably the best way.

You can also take your business elsewhere of course, but you’ll see even if your item gets accepted on another marketplace – you won’t get that much sales.

Good Luck

by
by
by
by
by
by