45 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in United States
premiumwd says
I can see why you’re rejected 10 times and why they repeat the same message again and again. A quick look @ homepage:
- white space issues
- type: I counted at least 3 similar sans serif fonts being used
- margin/padding inconsistencies

Can you be more specific? How can I improve this theme?

45 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
premiumwd says

11 months on that theme? wow…

and still have issues like:

http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/?s=
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/purple-haze-nightsky/
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/blog-left-sidebar/
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/blog-style-3-left-sidebar/
http://demo.premiumwd.com/innovate/faq/

I’m really sorry to tell you that, but this theme needs a lot of improvement in order to get accepted. Also what some of the other authors mentioned needs some reworking like spacing, typo, fonts,...

I know how frustrating a rejection can be and I’m sure many others do as well but if the reviewer doesn’t give you a short explantation what needs to be done and what not you should know that they only don’t know where to start. They “review” products, and are not teaching people webdesign principles and best practices.

I had a similar case where I tried to submit a supa-dupa-all-in-one-mega theme, but now I know that this isn’t the way to go. Extract the functionality into plugins and concentrate only on the stylings and esthetics within the theme. Less is sometimes more…

Suggestion: start over with a new design, new theme, new concept. That’s probably the best way.

You can also take your business elsewhere of course, but you’ll see even if your item gets accepted on another marketplace – you won’t get that much sales.

Good Luck

Hey thanks for the review of my theme, I appreciate it. I will look over it and improve it.

69 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
AlphaPixels says

I am in the way of learning, I get my items rejected and i appreciate them because that makes me better than yesterday, so shouting is not a good option.
Why didn’t you style your search box at all ?

69 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+1 more
AlphaPixels says

I am in the way of learning, I get my items rejected and i appreciate them because that makes me better than yesterday, so shouting is not a good option.
Why didn’t you style your search box at all ?

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Spacing everywhere. That’s your big problem.

Also your search does not work.

Also you have an img tag in your head tag. What is that?

Flickr widget does not have breakets for the src for the img tag.

Also your icons are blurry.

The search button under the main menu breaks my eyes.

Your background is a gradient over a pattern. Why not repeat a layer and stop it from loading every single time that the page loads?

And just a reminder – everyone thinks that their theme is the best. Well it’s not.

I can see a lot of things wrong with it, but also can see a lot of things wrong with other theme accepted, so what do i know.

45 posts
premiumwd says

Your background is a gradient over a pattern. Why not repeat a layer and stop it from loading every single time that the page loads?

And just a reminder – everyone thinks that their theme is the best. Well it’s not.

I can see a lot of things wrong with it, but also can see a lot of things wrong with other theme accepted, so what do i know.

hey thanks for your input I appreciate it, can I email you and pay you for a full template advise for all pages?

244 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
dmsumon says

hey thanks for your input I appreciate it, can I email you and pay you for a full template advise for all pages?
hahahha….. It must be a joke right?
495 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

When you have 1 item approve in themeforest , you will have better eyes to see true quality of theme. now your theme is not good at all!

by
by
by
by
by
by