50 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
Rgre1 says

I bought a few items a while back that sucked but the demo looked awesome so im justing making this post to warn and give you information about before buying an item.

1) Just because the demo looks good doesn’t mean it functions correctly.

2) Read through some of the comments the users posted. If there aren’t any ask a questions.

Did I forget anything?

606 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Finland
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+1 more
uniquefx says

And after buying please rate and leave feedback / email.

If you are not happy with the file tell us authors why.I’m sure all of us are looking to improve our files and want to keep the customers happy.It’s awful to have a low rated file and not know the reason.

3770 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
miseld says
I bought a few items a while back that sucked but the demo looked awesome so im justing making this post to warn and give you information about before buying an item.

2) Read through some of the comments the users posted. If there aren’t any ask a questions.

Did I forget anything?

It would be nice to contact the author, but I do not understand how it is possible that the demo (preview) is good and the project is not good after you make some changes.

Also you have right to RATE project.

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
+3 more
uDesignStudios says

Did I forget anything?

3, read the documentation carefully. ;) Especially when it comes to wordpress themes.

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says
Did I forget anything?
What do you mean by “sucked”? Like… what was the difference between the demo and real thing?

Also… what do you mean by warning?
I don’t like the idea of “warning” someone before buying files. It’s implying that there is something dangerous with them. I think I will warn people before talking to you. You may be a bad person. :)
19 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Japan
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
garyc40 says

I guess the best thing to do when you bought something you can’t use, is to contact the author privately first, before posting or doing anything that could harm their revenue. Sometimes there’s just some misunderstanding, and you have to give the author the chance to explain himself.

If you’re not happy with an item, and you think you have the right reasons, there’s also no need to “warn” others. Buyers can always request a refund by contacting Envato staff.

So no, I don’t think it’s fair for the authors if you neglect to ask them first.

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

The only difference in a file when you download it should be content. Envato allows us to to include certain images/videos/music in our previews but we often do not have the rights to resell this content.

Think of it like this, when you see an iPhone commercial, they might show you some cool apps. But these apps may be additional purchases after you buy the phone. Same thing for our files. We include all the links to where you can buy the images/video/music used in the preview and you can 100% make it look exactly like the preview if you want by purchasing the additional content.

200 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Goldenbug says

I think you should rate and comment them as @uniquefx said and if difference between demo and real thing is really big you should inform the Envato team about that item. However, rating and commenting are powerful for buyers and sellers, of course it will not solve your bad experience sadly.

81 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
wt says

Agree!

I think you should rate and comment them as @uniquefx said and if difference between demo and real thing is really big you should inform the Envato team about that item. However, rating and commenting are powerful for buyers and sellers, of course it will not solve your bad experience sadly.
3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
And after buying please rate and leave feedback / email. If you are not happy with the file tell us authors why.I’m sure all of us are looking to improve our files and want to keep the customers happy.It’s awful to have a low rated file and not know the reason.

exactly Esko!!

by
by
by
by
by
by