51 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Rgre1 says

I bought a few items a while back that sucked but the demo looked awesome so im justing making this post to warn and give you information about before buying an item.

1) Just because the demo looks good doesn’t mean it functions correctly.

2) Read through some of the comments the users posted. If there aren’t any ask a questions.

Did I forget anything?

635 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

And after buying please rate and leave feedback / email.

If you are not happy with the file tell us authors why.I’m sure all of us are looking to improve our files and want to keep the customers happy.It’s awful to have a low rated file and not know the reason.

3970 posts After Effects Templates
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says
I bought a few items a while back that sucked but the demo looked awesome so im justing making this post to warn and give you information about before buying an item.

2) Read through some of the comments the users posted. If there aren’t any ask a questions.

Did I forget anything?

It would be nice to contact the author, but I do not understand how it is possible that the demo (preview) is good and the project is not good after you make some changes.

Also you have right to RATE project.

385 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
uDesignStudios says

Did I forget anything?

3, read the documentation carefully. ;) Especially when it comes to wordpress themes.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says
Did I forget anything?
What do you mean by “sucked”? Like… what was the difference between the demo and real thing?

Also… what do you mean by warning?
I don’t like the idea of “warning” someone before buying files. It’s implying that there is something dangerous with them. I think I will warn people before talking to you. You may be a bad person. :)
19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
garyc40 says

I guess the best thing to do when you bought something you can’t use, is to contact the author privately first, before posting or doing anything that could harm their revenue. Sometimes there’s just some misunderstanding, and you have to give the author the chance to explain himself.

If you’re not happy with an item, and you think you have the right reasons, there’s also no need to “warn” others. Buyers can always request a refund by contacting Envato staff.

So no, I don’t think it’s fair for the authors if you neglect to ask them first.

5387 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

The only difference in a file when you download it should be content. Envato allows us to to include certain images/videos/music in our previews but we often do not have the rights to resell this content.

Think of it like this, when you see an iPhone commercial, they might show you some cool apps. But these apps may be additional purchases after you buy the phone. Same thing for our files. We include all the links to where you can buy the images/video/music used in the preview and you can 100% make it look exactly like the preview if you want by purchasing the additional content.

200 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
Goldenbug says

I think you should rate and comment them as @uniquefx said and if difference between demo and real thing is really big you should inform the Envato team about that item. However, rating and commenting are powerful for buyers and sellers, of course it will not solve your bad experience sadly.

81 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
wt says

Agree!

I think you should rate and comment them as @uniquefx said and if difference between demo and real thing is really big you should inform the Envato team about that item. However, rating and commenting are powerful for buyers and sellers, of course it will not solve your bad experience sadly.
3135 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
And after buying please rate and leave feedback / email. If you are not happy with the file tell us authors why.I’m sure all of us are looking to improve our files and want to keep the customers happy.It’s awful to have a low rated file and not know the reason.

exactly Esko!!

by
by
by
by
by
by