23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Egypt
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
divme says

Hi guys

I have made a PSD template and will submit it here , i prefer to make it step by step like PSD, them html, >> wordpress

Is that right decision or convert it to html straight ?

thanks

496 posts Dream big
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

If you’re not sure that your template is good enough for TF, then it’s always a good practice to try submitting PSD first.

23 posts
  • Located in Egypt
divme says

If you’re not sure that your template is good enough for TF, then it’s always a good practice to try submitting PSD first.

the first time Dear

307 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
vishnusathyan says

its good: coz the coded version wont get rejected coz of the design its bad: coz psd is really hard to get into.

goodluck :)

23 posts
  • Located in Egypt
divme says

its good: coz the coded version wont get rejected coz of the design its bad: coz psd is really hard to get into. goodluck :)

183 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
GraphiTivity says

I don’t understand this policy for PSD very high quality is expected but for coded version the acceptance is liberal but once the coded version is accepted you have an option to provide PSD for the same and sell it as a different item what is the point here? correct me if I am wrong..

23 posts
  • Located in Egypt
divme says

I don’t understand this policy for PSD very high quality is expected but for coded version the acceptance is liberal but once the coded version is accepted you have an option to provide PSD for the same and sell it as a different item what is the point here? correct me if I am wrong..

I am agree with the PSD should be high quality and there some acceptance in coded version or wordpress version and some themes provide the psd files with coded version

thanks for sharing me :D

80 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
eriktailor says

Just think it over.. If you are hired to create a site for a client, usually you’ll have to showcase a complete customized desing and maybe some mockups first. While in some cases it’s easier to customize a html template than building a customized wp theme, i have no doubt about editing a psd file to fit your client’s needs and than code it is the most rapid solution.

So i believe psd templates has their own field of usuage what’s completely different from the purpose of a html template. We need them both :)

21 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
WaveThemes says

Hello,

You should probably start with Photoshop. But make sure to test certain details with CSS and HTML before considering them final. Most of the time fonts render different in HTML than they did in Photoshop. Also some limitations in CSS or older browsers might make certain details impossible to implement in HTML/CSS.

Make sure to make a design of all pages, layouts and components/shortcodes to make sure that you have this covered before starting with HTML and/or WordPress.

You should also try to use most of the demo content in your Photoshop designs as this makes it easier to set up a demo later on. If you don’t have the final content for your demo when starting to work on it, you might end up making a demo that doesn’t look as good as you initially expected. Another risk is that building a demo might take longer if you don’t have a clear picture on what to do for the demo.

Making some color variations of the design is also something I recommend, as this is something that your users might want to do. And of course if your theme allows users to change the color scheme, this would be essential.

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by