1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
slk063704 says

Hi, I am interested in creating a wordpress site for my band. We have a myspace up but I would like to get out from under that. I do not want a flash template, just something that’s very informative yet creative. I am learning to use photoshop at ground zero. I would like to be able to add an mp3 player to the html code as well as possibly a widget that lets me update a section on the front page from Twitter. I have already seen a few themes that look pretty cool. I just don’t know the range of content that I get to edit and how challenging it may be.

I’m new to this and looking for insights and recommendations. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lane

552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
OurWebMedia says

My best suggestion to you is find what theme looks best to you and serves the purpose you want as close as possible. This way there is need for minimal changes. Then, purchase that template, get yourself a hosting provide and follow the instructions for setup.

Once you’ve activated the template and you’re online, play around, ask some questions, read over the message boards, checkout some wordpress tutorials and have some fun :) It’s all about the trial and error my friend. It’s a great learning tool.

Best of luck. I hope someone can provide you with something useful :)

by
by
by
by
by
by